Food hygiene courses
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Food hygiene courses

I'm a little confused about what is expected of us regarding food hygiene. Do we need to do a course? If so, I have seen some that you can do online that aree quite reasonably priced, has anyone done them and are they acceptable? Also, are we supposed to register with the food standards agency? I don't want to go ahead and book courses if we don't need to have them, but if we are expected to have them then I need to get on to it. When I did the ICP my tutor was a little vague over this aspect. Thanks in advance

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amydan10 View Post
    I'm a little confused about what is expected of us regarding food hygiene. Do we need to do a course? If so, I have seen some that you can do online that aree quite reasonably priced, has anyone done them and are they acceptable? Also, are we supposed to register with the food standards agency? I don't want to go ahead and book courses if we don't need to have them, but if we are expected to have them then I need to get on to it. When I did the ICP my tutor was a little vague over this aspect. Thanks in advance
    I'm not sure on the rules ow CSSIW and I'm sure some will be along soon to help, but in England you don't HAVE to do a food hygiene course but it is considered good practice to do one.

There is currently a forum Food Hygiene course that is discounted if you want to do one, full details here: http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...ement.php?f=77
    Pauline x

sep2001
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CSSIW
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I am with the CSSIW and was told by the public health that I had to renew mine as it had run out when the new rules came in 2 years back to be registered to provide food. Our early years at the time used to offer courses at a reduced rate but I didnt want to give up a saturday like before so I did one on line - took me about 3 hours to complete on a saturday evening when the children were in bed

Same course as Pauline has linked - didnt take long to get the certificate ( oh and I had paid full price so at the moment its a bargain )

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My CSSIW inspector has checked mine was in date on the last 2 inspections. I have my course tomorrow (subsidised through my children's partnership).
    Also get hold of the Safer Food, Better Business for Childminders She also checked though my copy to see if I had been using it.

reg apr
    Non childminder member
    reg childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default food hygiene

hi i am booked on a course on dec 3rd it is in prestatyn and is free you have to send a cheque for £10 which they give you back on arrival same with paediatric first aid im in rhyl debbie

June 12
    Non childminder member
    I AM a childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Debbie- would you mind pm-ing me the contact details of these courses, please?

Thanks