Pre-reg inspection - any advice??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre-reg inspection - any advice??

Hi guys,

I am due my pre-reg inspection soon. I have two children of my own aged 4 and 1 so I would like to think that my house is pretty child friendly. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on what they are likely to look for that may not be so obvious. Did you all buy lots of new toys before your inspections etc? I'm so nervous.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You don't need to buy lots of toys ... just have an idea about what you might need to buy depending on the ages / stages of the children you take on.

Have a read through the Welsh Standards to get ideas about the type of things your inspector will want to see.

Good luck!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

I registered in 2008 with CSSIW (moved from England) and the inspector checked over the whole house. If they need anything doing they will give you a condition of registration that you have to reply in writing to when you have done what she wanted. Mine was to fix the fire guard on as I hadn't put it on as I was not minding (had it in the cellar ready ) and fix the fire blanket to the wall (took 11 months to re-register and DH still hadn't got round to doing it ). So do not worry, with 2 small children your house will be pretty safe anyway.

You are not expected to have loads of toys - you probably can make do with the toys you already have but any "special toys" should be kept in your children's rooms. I just buy things when I see them. I have got them from charity shops, freecycle, ebay, boot sales etc they do not need to be new just safe. You could make a wish list of items that you would like to get when you are minding. anything that is multicultural is good.

When I registered she went over my appliation form and why I wanted to childmind stuff like that.

Don't panic the pre-reg is for you to ask questions as well as the inspector asking you.

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Im coming up to my one year anniversary and I remember being terrified over my pre-reg inspection, but it was fine, she looked around the house and we just had a long chat about my application and how I would do things, and I was able to ask her lots of questions. Good luck

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I'm so nervous it's ridiculous. So I don't need to have everything ready to go when she comes, i.e all kids furniture etc? A wish list will suffice for now? Tbh was a bit concerned about the financial outlay prior to registration when I have no idea how busy I will be when I am up and running.