Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: NCMA contracts

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA contracts

Hi i understand from letters on here that we have to use ncma contracts. Do they send them to us or are we obliged to buy them? I joined 2 days ago and haven't had a welcome email or anything so waiting to be told really . .
    Ja
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Pipsqueak Guest

No you don't HAVE to use NCMA contracts... only if you are planning on using NCMA insurance.

You could use MM contracts or you could use your own contracts with MM insurance.

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Pip - yes I am using NCMA insurance....maybe it said in the small print but didnt see it...do they send me the contracts or do i buy them?

I cant believe I have heard nothing having joined and done insurance too. They must know people need to get cracking on this stuff once they join...

cheers
    ja
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Pipsqueak Guest

Some LA's offer a start up grant in which you often get the NCMA (or MM) starter pack that includes contracts.

If this is not the case for your area then I am afraid you are going to have to buy them direct from NCMA (or have a looksee on ebay to see if anyone is selling any cheaply - beware though they may be the older type contracts.... these are still ok and valid though)

hope this all helps hun xx

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I think my letter confirming my NCMA membership and insurance took about a week to arrive in the post. Like Pip says you need to buy your contracts from them, you should be able to if you have your membership number already, if not you'll have to wait for your paperwork to arrive. Hx