Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Gutted

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gutted

I had a mindee leave today...

Mum has been getting her boyfriend to drop off / pick up mindee the last couple of weeks so I haven't seen her in a while...

When her boyfriend picked mindee up today, there was no "thank you so much for all your care etc etc" no card, no text from mum to say she was sorry not to get to say goodbye...

Nothing

Wondering if I should text mum to say "bye" - I hate to think it's all ended on these terms! It all feels very negative.

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was me, I'd have invited her to come round to collect her child's records - photos, learning journals - whatever else it is that you have collated over the time you have been minding her.

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rayberrys View Post
    If it was me, I'd have invited her to come round to collect her child's records - photos, learning journals - whatever else it is that you have collated over the time you have been minding her.
    He wasn't even meant to be leaving today - they've basically pulled a fast one on me and haven't given me full notice (gave me 2 weeks notice 2 weeks before the contract ended).

I had explained I still needed 4 weeks notice and she'd agreed to it, but obviously this was her way of getting out of paying me.

Mindee was just as surprised as I was tonight to hear it was the last day.

So I was planning to give them learning journey etc in 2 weeks when it was (what I thought) was the last day

Post Thanks / Like

That is just a horrible way to end things, some parents

Sending you a hug and hope something else comes up soon

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's dreadful the way she has treated you, but how coould she do that to her own child? As we know, children need preparing for transitions and need a proper chance to say goodbye in order to get closure. Poor thing could become insecure. Poor you, what a downer. x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don't they realise the time and effort we put into their children?

Hugs xx

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still trying to get my head around WHY after all this time, she would want to leave it this way with me - without even saying goodbye to me let alone thank you!

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    It's dreadful the way she has treated you, but how coould she do that to her own child? As we know, children need preparing for transitions and need a proper chance to say goodbye in order to get closure. Poor thing could become insecure. Poor you, what a downer. x
    I know, I felt so sad for mindee - she seemed so shocked and upset. And a couple of my other mindees were really upset that they hadn't had a chance to say a proper goodbye aswell.