Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do I need to inform CSSIW?

HI

When I started childminding my daughter was only 12months old and my son was 3 and in full time school so classed as an over 5.

My certificate stated 'The maximum number of children under 8 years to be minded shall not exceed 4'

I was also sent a letter to say I could care for 2 more little one full time and 2 more that where in school full time.

Anyway fast forward a few years and my daughter has also started school full time so classed as over 5.

My question is do I need to inform CSSIW that I now have 3 spaces available for full time care and only 1 space for a school child under 8?

Sorry that this is a very long and dragged out message!

Thanks

aly Guest

how old is your daughter?...if she is still 4 then you need to check because at the moment there is some discrepency with children being classed over 5 even when 4 as the NMS changed in April and they omitted that bit.

Get some clarification first.

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As Aly said in the new regs children are either under or over 5 and their is no special clause if they are in fulltime school (this is supposed to be changing) I would ring the CSSIW to see how your office is working. Some offices are taking it literally others are working as they did up to Mar 2011.