Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would you have stepped in?

I was appalled when i was in London last week to see a clearly very very drunk guy in charge of 2 little ones leading them by the hand thru busy london traffic, weaving around and laughing.

I didn't do anything because I have got into trouble in the past for being a busy body but would you have left it? I have felt awful ever sin ce and keep wondering if the children got home OK......
    What could i have done?

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i might have notified a nearby policeman/woman if there was one but other than that by the time you'd have called anyone they'd have been gone (on a bus/tube etc).

Horrible to see though
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I might have done a few years ago but I am much more aware of how easily I could be hurt nowadays... I think it's an age thing.

xx

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in sainsbury last weekend (Sunday) - I walked from my car with my 15 mths old - as we started our walk i could hear a baby crying - I couldn't believe there car with the driver side window left open and a baby in his/her car seat ... I waited to see if anyone came 5 - I new i couldn't go over and pick the child out. i went into sainsburys and told the young fella on customer services he went out took car reg number - it took the mum 20 mins to come to customer services to see what they wanted. she told them ive only run for these bits i was 5 mins. I felt sick leaving the child crying.
    CWR

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[Q
    UOTE=boxtree7;983149]I was in sainsbury last weekend (Sunday) - I walked from my car with my 15 mths old - as we started our walk i could hear a baby crying - I couldn't believe there car with the driver side window left open and a baby in his/her car seat ... I waited to see if anyone came 5 - I new i couldn't go over and pick the child out. i went into sainsburys and told the young fella on customer services he went out took car reg number - it took the mum 20 mins to come to customer services to see what they wanted. she told them ive only run for these bits i was 5 mins. I felt sick leaving the child crying.
    [/QUOTE]

In this case i would have waited by the car for 5 min and if no one came back i would have phoned the police from my mobile. Then reported it to sainsburys and insisted they stand a member of staff by the car.

How stupid could the mother be
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think perhaps we have all witnessed things in the past that leave us thinking perhaps we should have done something. The only thing I think you could have done was report to police but when you are in an area you are not familiar with you don't have the relevant phone numbers - I carry the non emergency number for the police in my county but not for other counties. I would not have approached the man directly.

Christine

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boxtree7 View Post
    I was in sainsbury last weekend (Sunday) - I walked from my car with my 15 mths old - as we started our walk i could hear a baby crying - I couldn't believe there car with the driver side window left open and a baby in his/her car seat ... I waited to see if anyone came 5 - I new i couldn't go over and pick the child out. i went into sainsburys and told the young fella on customer services he went out took car reg number - it took the mum 20 mins to come to customer services to see what they wanted. she told them ive only run for these bits i was 5 mins. I felt sick leaving the child crying.
    I cannot believe some parents. I would have phoned the police immediately.
    By being true to myself I live life to the full