Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you store your nappies?

Hi all

I need a new storage solution I have nappies supplied by parents and they are everywhere!! At the mo I have them stored in the hessian tesco bags by my front door then I have wipes and creams and smelly bags and gloves in a box in my dining room

Ideally I would like some sort of storage where it can all stay together neat and tidy.

What do you guys do?

Twinklestars Guest

I just keep the packs in my under stairs cupboard then put some in a basket with everything else where I nappy change every day

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I store packs of nappies on top of my DD's wardrobe and then for day to day use I have a little storage box in my downstairs toilet where I keep nappies, wipes, gloves etc as this where I do the nappy changes. Before I had my downstairs toilet I used to keep them all in the cupboard under the stairs.

xxx

aly Guest

the ones in nappies here come with bags so storage simples realy lol......told them they can supply the nappies themselves, ours is a smallish house so dont have room for storing their stuff...

Post Thanks / Like

What about one of the plastic drawer units? I have one I keep wipes, nappy sacks etc in the top drawer and then nappies in the others. It can be wheeled about to wherever you do your nappy changes!!

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAROLYN View Post
    What about one of the plastic drawer units? I have one I keep wipes, nappy sacks etc in the top drawer and then nappies in the others. It can be wheeled about to wherever you do your nappy changes!!
    I like this idea

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 'colour coded' my mindees so they have their own coloured plastic box under the changing unit.

I also have a 4 draw plastic unit (draw each and one for bibs/bags etc) that I used before. Both work well x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 4 drawer plastic unit and each child has their own drawer or shares a drawer if they are not in nappies.

I store full packs of nappies on dd's wardrobe and bring down nappies for each week and store these and comforters, cups, dummies and anything belonging to the child in their own drawer. If some thing is left by the child or I have a letter or something to give to mum it means I dont lose anything.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one of these:

http://www.next.co.uk/x481236s2#800574x48

Parents supply packs of nappies that I keep in the copboard under the stairs. Each child has a little hessian bag with their name on & each day/week I fill their bag with nappies & put it in the rack. I also have baby wipes, cloth wipes, gloves, nappy sacks and antibac wipes for the changing mat in it.

It's great becasue I can easily move it round whever I happen to be - even out in the garden!

Penny1959 Guest

I have just brought one of those draw units on wheels - which is great as can wheel it out of sight at wekends. I keep all the usual stuff in it - and the reusable nappies and outers that I supply.

Penny

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I have one of these:

http://www.next.co.uk/x481236s2#800574x48

Parents supply packs of nappies that I keep in the copboard under the stairs. Each child has a little hessian bag with their name on & each day/week I fill their bag with nappies & put it in the rack. I also have baby wipes, cloth wipes, gloves, nappy sacks and antibac wipes for the changing mat in it.

It's great becasue I can easily move it round whever I happen to be - even out in the garden!
    Very nice Mouse! I do like that!

I also like the colour code idea and the fact you all put their bits and bobs together

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Liking all these fab ideas!
    Sadly I don't have room so I do the same as Alice, keep the main pack of nappies on top of my dd's wardrobe and just keep a few for each child in my big plastic shoe box, along with wipes, bags, named creams, antibac hand gel and wipes for the changing mat.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep the named bags in a cupboard and take a few out each day and have them on the table with my changing mat and all the other bits. I am lucky enough to be able to have a tall cupboard outsde my downstair toilet where I keep all my napies, Gloves etc etc, bibs, towels, sun cream, First Aid Kit and so on.

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

each child here has a deep hook which holds their coats and day bags. They bring everything they need for the day in their day bag so i don't store anything, it all goes back home with them each day

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a box where they store their bags,, each day they bring their changing bag with enough nappies in for the day then they take them home at night,, I dont keep nappies here permantly for them, at the end of the day its my home and I dont want a load of extra bits stored here for other peoples children.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an ikea expedit unit with black canvas drawers in it (very sturdy) each child has thier own drawer for spare clothes nappies creanms etc.....it stands in the corner of the room where my bookshelf used to be and matches the rest of my furniture...most of my books went when I got my kindle

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80135298

Post Thanks / Like

I have a plastic storage box for each child in nappies - they stack and I put them away in a cupboard when the children aren't here

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Jan 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Nursery Nurse
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two in nappies. Parents supply a full pack when needed. I keep the packs in the under basin cupboard in the downstairs bathroom. I get out enough for the day for each child every morning and put them in their drawstring changing bags, which I use in the house and when we are out and about. (Just the cheap pump bags-different colour for each child. Their names are on the bags too. As a result of this the two two year olds recognise their names when they see them written anywhere.

oct 96
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't keep packs of nappies. Parents put their nappies in the childs bag each day with their other stuff i.e spare clothes , wipes, milk etc

Cupcake22

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have hooks in hallway each child has there own hook which has a pump bag with there spare clothes under my stairs i have a large wiker basket which has all the nappies wipes etc in there own bag. and its full lol as ive 3 lo in nappies sometimes i feel nappies are taking over my house

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast