Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thinking of selling my phil &teds and getting

a jane powertwin instead. has anyone had both and is powertwin good? trouble with phil and teds is when i go out and little ones fall asleep neither look very comfortable as i cant recline either seets enough also i have had trouble fitting buggyboard on the back if i had a 3rd child thats not a great walker. needs to be tamden style as side by sides dodnt fit easally through my front door. recommendation needed please thanks sarah
    Sarah xxxxx

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a jane powertwin and i'd like a phil and teds! Shame you don't live closer to me or we could do a swap!
    I do like the powertwin- I love that both children have plenty of space, the shopping basket is a good size, it's easy to push (getting harder with two 30lb toddlers in it though!) and I can fit a buggy board on the back. My main reason for wanting a phil and teds is that we want to get a smaller car and the powertwin is fairly big when folded so might not fit in a smaller boot- especially with all the other kit we need to carry around. I'd like a phil and teds because it can be used as a single and a double- so no need for any extra buggies.

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i have both!

pros P&T

one buggy...so many ways!
    easy to push with one hand
    good for my back(jane can be quite heavy if you have a biggun in the front.)
    looks good! and its in black...my signature colour (i know this is shallow)
    one child can lie flat if the double is on the top riding shotgun

cons P&T

the one underneath sits with feet in basket
    cant lie that child flat

pros jane

good shopping basket

cons jane

heavy.
    long
    can only lie child at back flat but its legs will be bent as in sitting
    need a single buggy when i have one child

mandy xx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a powertwin and its great but i only live in a tiny house with little storage so i want to swap it and my baby jogger city elite so that i have just one pram to store.

i was going to go for a phil and teds but dont really like them, what i really want is a baby jogger city select which looks perfect BUT they are expensive

will wait till one comes up on ebay near me

(the powertwin is a really good pram, both children get a good view, the basket is good, can fit a buggy board on, can be pushed with one hand. I think it folds up fairly compact for a double especcialy if you take the back wheels which pop off easily, makes it lighter to lift too!)

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Jane twin two for sale. It is not a good one for putting in car as bulky when folded and has 4 wheels not 3. Back seat lies flat, front seat enough for sleep, can get a 'surfer board' for back but I never had one. I love it, but now live on a farm and needed something better for off road so got a mountain buggy

I also have P&T so I can get on the village bus , even though I don't really like it, does the job

In East Sussex if interested.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

why don't you like p and t PixiePetal?
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't like my jane powertwin. I find it too bulky and also if one child is slightly heavier than the other it tips over!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a jane powertwin but didnt like it x I found it tipped with heavier children in and the child I had at the front actually got his foot caught in the front wheel . x I love my baby jogger elite double x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a jane power twin and didnt like it, my wrists and forearms ached with pushing it because it was heavy with 2 toddlers in. They used to ache all the time not just when I was pushing it and this stopped a couple of months after selling it , also the seat at the front hardly lay down at all and the lo in the back used to pull the hood on the front and was able to reach and pull the lo sat in the front.

I sold it and got a p & t and although it is not perfect it is the lightest double I have used and the most convenient and I prefer it to any other I have had.

I have had an icandy pear, an out and about double nipper and I still have an ABC triple and the p & t is the best option for me to store and for getting into shops ect...
    Jane xxx

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    why don't you like p and t PixiePetal?
    Don't really like one child underneath. Small basket - could get panniers but then wider on bus. Cant lay both seats flat.

It is still the best option for me to get out on the bus with 2 mindees safely though. I have my mountain buggy terrain double for around the fields here 2 wide seats which lie down
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the buggy pod not an option with the p and t? Too pricey?
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)