Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default end of learning journey?

when a child reaches the august after they are 5yrs or when they leave you is there a form you fill in or get the parent to sign to say they have recived the childs learning journey?
    also is there a form somonwhere that the parent can fill in when I send the folder home every 6 months? like a form that they can write what they think of the folder and what they would like their child to progress in?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

when i send the learning journeys home, or share with parents ( or any preschool/school staff ) i stick a postit note in, asking them to sign & date and for any comments. this then stays in learning journey.

i've never thought about asking parents to sign to say i've handed over the learning journey to them. i just give it to them! i can't remember what happened when DD left reception, i know i signed something, but i think that was giving the school permission to keep DDs learning journal to use to show new parents !!!!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I only hand them when over when child leaves but once out of eyfs just encourage child to add to it rather than me, so child who is 7 still has hers going strong.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fi fi View Post
    I only hand them when over when child leaves but once out of eyfs just encourage child to add to it rather than me, so child who is 7 still has hers going strong.
    that's a nice idea!
    Francine X