Absolute essentials???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Absolute essentials???

I am trying to "get organised"!! and this means storing lots of my toys that are out at the moment in stackable storage boxes in the garage. I am then using a toy directory folder and letting the littlies choose certain toys from it so I can get them out. What Id like opinions on is what I NEED to keep out and accessible.

I have kept out all my books, the kitchen, a couple of small tubs of wooden bricks and wooden dominoes, a box of teddies and dolls, dressing up stuff, my small world house (an old fashioned version of happy land!!) a few toy laptops (the musical ones) and also a storage box full of 0-18 months things such as rattles, noisy things etc.

What else should I have readily available rather than as a choice? xx

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

You sound like you have it pretty well covered! I also have musical instruments tub available and some puppets and a tea set. Most importantly though I have some balls of different sizes, which are great for all ages.

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How about some mark making things? Chalks, crayons, pencils, felts. They are ever popular here!

Post Thanks / Like

I would have toys out that follow the children's interests at that time - so if Johnnie is into trains I'd get the train track out or if Daisy is into dressing up and making picnics I'd have the dressing up clothes and the play food plus picnic blankets out.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!