Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Recommend an easel and gazebo?

Hi, can anyone recommend a good but reasonable easel? Its to put in the garden as there isnt room in doors, but it needs to fold flat to go in the shed.

Also, I have a big parasol that I use in Summer but was wondering what I could use in the Winter as an undercover area for the slide etc. they have rain suits but just thought it would save putting the sand and water away when showers come. I thought an easy up and down style that wouldnt blow away, or maybe a rainproof parasol would be better?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got the Ikea easel, which folds really flat for storing. It's a blackboard one side & a white board the other side. You can also buy a roll of paper that attaches to it.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50021076

My only critisism with it is that on the white board side there's no tray to stand the pens, pots of paint etc on. There is on the blackboard side, but I prefer children to paint on the other side (as it's easier to clean), but there's nowhere to stand the paint. They either have to have paper on the blackboard, or have a small table next to the easel.

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I've got the Ikea easel, which folds really flat for storing. It's a blackboard one side & a white board the other side. You can also buy a roll of paper that attaches to it.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50021076

My only critisism with it is that on the white board side there's no tray to stand the pens, pots of paint etc on. There is on the blackboard side, but I prefer children to paint on the other side (as it's easier to clean), but there's nowhere to stand the paint. They either have to have paper on the blackboard, or have a small table next to the easel.
    Yeah that would be a pain! I have seen ones that use magnets too to hold the paper etc. and had trays, will have a search

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a few easels in the past, but these days we just use a large sheet of perspex with a couple of holes drilled in. I bungee it to either the chain link fence or these days to the trellis on the back of the planter where we keep our play mud for mud pies. I have some wooden letters glued onto it, with some buried in the mud for the kids to dig up.
    The kids can tape paper to the perspex and draw or paint on the paper, or they can paint, or dry mark the perspex direct and it just washes off. They can also tape a colouring sheet, or some letters or a picture etc to the other side of it and copy it through since it is clear.
    It is already flat so slots away if I chose to, but as it's clear you don't really notice it anyway.

Just thought I'd mention it as it's another idea rather than purchasing a single use item like an easel.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    I've had a few easels in the past, but these days we just use a large sheet of perspex with a couple of holes drilled in. I bungee it to either the chain link fence or these days to the trellis on the back of the planter where we keep our play mud for mud pies. I have some wooden letters glued onto it, with some buried in the mud for the kids to dig up.
    The kids can tape paper to the perspex and draw or paint on the paper, or they can paint, or dry mark the perspex direct and it just washes off. They can also tape a colouring sheet, or some letters or a picture etc to the other side of it and copy it through since it is clear.
    It is already flat so slots away if I chose to, but as it's clear you don't really notice it anyway.

Just thought I'd mention it as it's another idea rather than purchasing a single use item like an easel.

I like this idea

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jane5 View Post
    I like this idea
    fab idea! think the OH may have a fit if they missed and painted the fence though lol,will have a think about that though

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love a clear perspex easel but have not been able to find one.

We like the ELC easel in this household, folds flat for storage and is pretty sturdy.
    Francine X