Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Absolutely gutted :(

Have just found out my very first mindees who i babysit for regularly (and even though we're not supposed to have favourites, if we could, then they'd be mine) are moving away and i won't see them anymore

I can't stop crying

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that's very sad - will it be too far for you to visit?

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no!

You will keep in touch and still be great friends. Its so much easier these days with email and facebook.
    I'm still in touch with some of mine - I moved away.

My 9yr old ds said the other day "is * coming today, not that I have my favourites..but is he coming?"

Its hard not to get attached to them.

Enjoy the rest of your time together.
    Rachel x

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. It's not too far at all- 30 mins drive. But they've no family or ties in this area so no reason for them to come back really

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine emigrated to France and I remember feeling the same.

We keep in touch on Facebook and were welcomed over to visit them a few times.

Hugs xx

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah Bless its a horrible feeling

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    Thanks. It's not too far at all- 30 mins drive. But they've no family or ties in this area so no reason for them to come back really

apart from to see you hon listen the only one of my mindees I ever sobbed over wasn't necessarily because he was a favorite (though he was ) but because i wouldn't see him every day anymore. All the others, I still see every day at school with their parents. He was 2 when he left. I sobbed, my son (who was 9) sobbed, my daughter sobbed, his mum sobbed BUT we still make time to see each other twice a year. my kids love going to see him. He only lives about 8 miles away and we visit them at their house when I'm not working or his mum brings him here.

Invite them over.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Penny1959 Guest

Distance is not a problem - I have some who never bothered to keep in touch despite my best efforts - even though they live within walking distance, and others who have remained in touch whatever they have done and whereever they have moved to.

It is a bit like friends - some are 'best buddies' until something changes and then can't be bothered - others will overcome any barrier to keep in touch - and it is these who are the true friends - years can go by without actually seeing each other but when do meet up it is as if only yesterday since last met.

It is horrid and very upsetting - but take photos - maybe ask prents if they would give you a 'present' of copies of some of the pages from LJ to keep and make sure you have all their contact details.

Penny

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my fav (naughty saying that), families moved away a few years ago we have always kept in touch via postcards, notelets,photos, telephone and now facebook....... yipee they are moving back to the area in 1 and a half weeks and even though the lo is too old to come here as a mindee now.....she's 11, she has asked if she can help me in the school hols

So even though its sad, it is possible to keep in touch