Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: childcare.co.uk

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default childcare.co.uk

Hi

Just thought I'd share this, a fellow minder in my area was given notice, as mum decided she was going to become a childminder (wish we had a £1 for everyone that says that ) Blow me, 2 weeks later she is working, and says that she got the business off that site. She was on there advertising as registered with Ofsted and having done all the courses (in 2 weeks?????????)

Now ordinarily I would praise this site, but I got a very lame response, basically saying it's not up to them to check, they are a business. I'm paying them to allow unregistered minders to steal business from under my nose? Now I am sorry, but I do think perhaps they should have a system in place to make sure we are registered. It could be argued that its up to parents to check - but in 6 years, only one parent has asked to see all my certificates etc, but for many it's a cost thing, and if they like you on first sight. (BTW she has been reported to Ofsted)

Are we over reacting? I'm sure unregistered people on there are the tiny minority, but with calls so few and far between, and safeguarding splashed all over the news, surely you can't be too careful in this day and age?

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Could she perhaps have been in the process of registering and doing courses while her kids were going to the other childminder? and when she had everything in place she was then able to give notice?

or is there evidence to the contrary?
    XX Jill XX

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know but maybe she IS registered and she just wasn't straight with when she started the process. It is possible to do the courses in a week. My LA had an option of doing CHiP three days running (Mon-Weds) all days and then on Thurs and Fri 12 hour first aid. I personally thought it was a bit too much.
    However if she is not registered unfortunately all Ofsted will do is ring her and tell her to register.

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

you can advertise to be a babysitter on the site and dont have to be registered with ofsted for that i know shes not babysitting but thye cant check some of the people registering on the site and not others...

on another note is this site down for anyone else ....
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was also thinking maybe she kept it under her hat until the process was complete and then told her minder.

I was one of those mums who decided to give up work and give my CM notice because I was registering. I did it sadly (she was lovely) and she was even one of my referees on my ofsted form.

However, if she is doing it illegally I would report her. See if she's on the ofsted website/local website, if she's registered, surely she'll be on there.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Post Thanks / Like

We conducted some checks into this person after receiving your email and are satisfied that they are Ofsted registered. Further they have provided us with their Ofsted registration number which we have confirmed with Ofsted.

Quote Originally Posted by magicminding View Post
    Hi

Just thought I'd share this, a fellow minder in my area was given notice, as mum decided she was going to become a childminder (wish we had a £1 for everyone that says that ) Blow me, 2 weeks later she is working, and says that she got the business off that site. She was on there advertising as registered with Ofsted and having done all the courses (in 2 weeks?????????)

Now ordinarily I would praise this site, but I got a very lame response, basically saying it's not up to them to check, they are a business. I'm paying them to allow unregistered minders to steal business from under my nose? Now I am sorry, but I do think perhaps they should have a system in place to make sure we are registered. It could be argued that its up to parents to check - but in 6 years, only one parent has asked to see all my certificates etc, but for many it's a cost thing, and if they like you on first sight. (BTW she has been reported to Ofsted)

Are we over reacting? I'm sure unregistered people on there are the tiny minority, but with calls so few and far between, and safeguarding splashed all over the news, surely you can't be too careful in this day and age?
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

our DCH is now 19 weeks long, but i for one was working AND using a childminder while going through the process of registering, my cm didnt know i was registering didnt see the need to tell her,
    IS BACK