Mindee great, own children - nightmare!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mindee great, own children - nightmare!

I am having no trouble with my new mindee, although he's not very interested in all the activities I have planned and is happy playing with the toys!

My own children, 4 and 2 are being a nightmare. 4 yo is quite boistrous and 2 yo has not stopped screaming all day!

dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always found my own children harder work than mindees , not so much my older ones but certainly my 6 yr old daughter , I think She feels pushed
    out as she constantly fights for my attention , can't offer advice really as never found the solution myself
    H4H supporter 'per mare per terram'

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here!

sept 20
    Post Thanks / Like

And here!!

My 2 are driving me up the wall - I'm constantly trying to think of activities and places to go that are suitable for all the age groups.

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am off this week, but my 4yr old dd was a nightmare last week!

I think its the same as when we are told our children our children are 'angels' at school - the mindees are angels at our homes.

Its so much easier for children to misbehave when with their parents - they can relax more and they can push and push - parents might give in, childminders wont!

I was watching my dd at school the other day - I was spying from the surestart centre - and she was sooo good - fingers on lips, crossed legs, taking turns outside - none of which she does at home!!

At times I really struggle with my 2 - but know that they are well behaved at school and hope that we can sort the home bit out!?

You are not alone!
    Rachel x

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

ohhhh mine are the same except they are 7 and 12!! My 12 year old is the worst, he thinks its ok to wind all the others up, talk about poo all the time, play but not share, gets in moods and declares no one else can play with is stuff for the day! Nightmares. Actually ds 12 is on his final warning for today and from what i can hear in the backgroud (behaving like a baby) he will be sent to his bed for an hour if it carries on! Oh and the word Poo again - "Wee willy winky my son Poo went to bed with his poo sticking out" How lovely!

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm new to this site, as I'm still awaiting inspection but I had been thinking about how it would affect my ds and dd aged 7 and 4. How do you get over to them the fact that you are working and that they can't be taking the mindees off to their bedrooms to play with their own toys? Do you have to have no go areas where your own kids aren't allowed...could someone shed some light for me?
    Thanks
    Emma

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

here too! yesterday was the worst day and I didn't even have any mindees here - all my plans for a special day for my two went out the window as my dd behaved appallingly
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

jun 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Snap!!!!!

Usually its my DS (9 today!!!!!) and he is a complete nightmare, particularly today, everything his way, its his birthday etc etc

Anyone with the magic trick then please share
    Claire x

FEB 01
    Post Thanks / Like

here to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

and mine are 18 and 15, yes they should no better, but still fight for my attention and try moaning when liitle ones, interupt,,,,,,,,,,,,

and they dont go with out,,,maybe ill send them to a minder for a few days,,
    lol...

think they just like WINDING ME UP,,,LOL
    I WISH IN 2011 TO BE A SKINNY COW,,,,,,,,,,,, MY PICTURE,,,

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nipper View Post
    Hi I'm new to this site, as I'm still awaiting inspection but I had been thinking about how it would affect my ds and dd aged 7 and 4. How do you get over to them the fact that you are working and that they can't be taking the mindees off to their bedrooms to play with their own toys? Do you have to have no go areas where your own kids aren't allowed...could someone shed some light for me?
    Thanks
    Emma
    Hi Nipper welcome to the site - i dont allow mindees in bedrooms, they are only allowed upstairs to use the bathroom xx
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem. It's not nice for the mindee when they see my 2 misbehaving though. DD had several major tantrums yesterday and the screaming coming out of our house was terrible!

feb 11
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

and here

Post Thanks / Like

Me too. I would love mine to behave, particularly my 7 year old, however this rarely happens!! At school and when she is with other people, I am told she is a very good girl - I don't see that side of her too often!

sept 20
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymop View Post
    ohhhh mine are the same except they are 7 and 12!! My 12 year old is the worst, he thinks its ok to wind all the others up, talk about poo all the time, play but not share, gets in moods and declares no one else can play with is stuff for the day! Nightmares. Actually ds 12 is on his final warning for today and from what i can hear in the backgroud (behaving like a baby) he will be sent to his bed for an hour if it carries on! Oh and the word Poo again - "Wee willy winky my son Poo went to bed with his poo sticking out" How lovely!
    It's obviously a 'boy thing' - my 9 year old twin boys are just the same - complete toilet humour which the younger mindee's find amusing so my 2 do it even more as they have a captive audience! Roll on tuesday when they're back at school (even though I feel awful for saying it).