Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Parent Feedback

Registered Childminder since
    dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parent Feedback

Hi Everyone.

I become a childminder in Jan this year and I am just in the long process of filling out my Self Evaluation Form. Once of the questions is how to get parent and child feedback - can i have suggestions please on how you get parent feedback?
    Thanks
    Kelly

june 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I presume you mean views of parents and children that use your setting, I get feed back from parents in my learning jornals every 3 months, and also verbally when we are discussing thier child, you could do a questionaire for parents, I understand its hard doing your sef after only such a short time, im just completly redoing mine as since I started minding I have changed my provision so much. As for childs views you need to look at how you know a child is happy in your setting and as you cant always ask a child you need to look at the childs body launguage and how there are in your setting. trying not to quote sarah's e-book, it is well worth buying.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kerry,
    I have a questionaire that i hand out to parents every 3 months. It starts off with a brief assessment of their childs development and then a few questions for them in relation to the service i provide.I ask if parents have any ideas for me to include in planning and remind them about informing me about changes in contact no's.
    Hope this helps!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

We chat daily, parents are encouraged to write in daily diary ( or i write on what they have told me) and in the learning journey. Parents have my email address and phone numbers. I tried termly questionnaire but parents asked me to stop them as they feel we communicate enough without extra paper work for them to fill in!

For children I gather info from observations which leads to planning as shown in daily diary planning sheets and photos in learning journeys For older children i give them smiley and sad faces to put on toys/ photos of places we go so they can tell me what they like and don't

Hope this helps, the sef is so hard first time round
    Last edited by blue bear; 17-04-2011 at 07:04 PM.