God I'm so annoyed!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry God I'm so annoyed!

I was super organised and got all my application paperwork off, took health dec to docs 4 weeks ago etc... Well my CRB's are back and ofsted say they are waiting on my health dec. I called the docs 10 days ago to be told its posted. Ofsted then said on Friday they haven't received it so I called docs again, and it was to be posted last Friday.
    I cme home today to find an answering machine message that the doctor wants to see my re:my form! So I asked the doc to call me. She said that they form landed on her desk this morning! And she wasn't impressed that I had been charged £15 and paid it as her fee is usually a lot more (hmmm not my problem!)
    Anyway as she can't think who I am and she needs to answer questions re my mobility and vision etc... I have to go and see her. I've explained that I need this sorted straight away as this is holding up my ofsted registration. She's squeezing me in on Wednesday afternoon. I've said I'm not leaving until it's completed and I can post it myself.
    I'm so annoyed. More to the fact vie been lied to, but also I'm desperate to advertise and get some minds siphoned up so I can quit my job

Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

It would have thought that she could go through your medical records to find the information she needs. Or do it over the phone, mine did this but only to ask me if if was ok she charged £15 and to ensure I knew what she had written.

I hope it all goes quickly for you once you get this done.

Also, I advertised on childcare.co.uk before I was registered, but I was very clear that I was not yet registered and could not commit to caring for anyone until my registration was complete.

xx

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeks View Post
    It would have thought that she could go through your medical records to find the information she needs. Or do it over the phone, mine did this but only to ask me if if was ok she charged £15 and to ensure I knew what she had written.

I hope it all goes quickly for you once you get this done.

Also, I advertised on childcare.co.uk before I was registered, but I was very clear that I was not yet registered and could not commit to caring for anyone until my registration was complete.

xx
    Thanks. Have registered on there tonight and said that I'm pending registrant and will have vacancies once it is complete. Did you find that even if you said you weren't registered you had parents showing interest. I have a neighbour interested in me looking after her boys after school and holidays already and that's just word of mouth. X

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you get it sorted on Wednesday. I'd be fuming that they'd lied to me but if the GP hadn't phoned you, you wouldn't have known!

The £15 fee is very reasonable - many members here have paid a lot more.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats so frustrating Eddisonsmum

Quote Originally Posted by Eddisonsmum View Post
    Have registered on there tonight and said that I'm pending registrant and will have vacancies once it is complete.
    I thought you couldn't advertise until you had your reg certificate. I know you can't start minding until you've got it but I thought it went for advertising too! Have I got it wrong then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meleje View Post
    Thats so frustrating Eddisonsmum

I thought you couldn't advertise until you had your reg certificate. I know you can't start minding until you've got it but I thought it went for advertising too! Have I got it wrong then?
    As long as you make it clear in your advert that you are not registered and cannot start work until you are then there is no problem - you aren't saying anything that is untrue or misleading.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I hope you get it sorted on Wednesday. I'd be fuming that they'd lied to me but if the GP hadn't phoned you, you wouldn't have known!

The £15 fee is very reasonable - many members here have paid a lot more.

Miffy xx
    The doctor was quite embArassed. She took the name/description of the secretaries and is having a stern word!

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I found my doctor's rubbish too. I phoned a couple of weeks after I gave them my form and they said it was sitting on the doctor's desk still.
    Hope you get yours sorted very soon. I started advertising before I was registered but made sure my posters said I wasn't going to be registered and open for business until September. Hx

May '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to see my doctor as he wanted to go through everything with me face to face - goodness knows why but anyway, I guess he was being thorough. I then had to chase them to send the forms off but they did it after a week and Ofsted got them ok. My problem was that I just couldn't get to pay!! They didn't know what they wanted to charge ( ) so said call us and we will tell you. I called, I emailed, I couldn't get a response and then I had to swap surgeries and have never managed to pay the blessed fee!!! They did explain that if they see you for the purpose of a passport or ofsted or whatever, they aren't seeing you formally as a patient and so they don't get recompensed by the NHS for this - so it's reasonable for them to charge a fee. But I think they should stick to between £20 and £40 depending on if you are a complex case and they need to see you, or you are quite straightforward and they could just do it from looking through your records or chatting through any queries on the phone.