Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Questions, Questions Questions

Hi All I became a Registered Childminder in Feb this year and after some advertising I have my first parent/child visit tomorrow! I just wonder if someone could give me a bit of advice as to what they will expect? I have started policies and are all saved on computer to view if required, app forms complete and setting set up ready to go and tips r things to add?

Also wonder were people purchased First Aid kits from am a bit confussed on what to go for

And finally does anyone have info on the EYFS packs? I am really struggling to use the one online as suffer with bad headaches when on the computer and printing it would take days I looked on ebay and they are selling for up to £30 crazy, whats everyone else doing?

Many thanks

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I can't help with much as I'm not registered yet, but you can get a copy of the EYFS by phoning 0845 60 222 60 and quote ref: 00261-2008PCK-EN

I got my first aid kit from st johns ambulance when i did my first aid course

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a first aid kit on the ncma shop - may not be the cheapest though http://www.shop.*************/childcar...it-1168-0.html

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Pediatric First Aid kit on Amazon.

Have you thought about printing your policies out so parents can have a copy to take home and read too?

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help guys, I did phone that number but it says the pack is no longer available to order in paper form, Such a nightmare!

I did my first aid course with St Johns as well but we were not given the option to buy a first aid kit there and went online but the postage is very expensive, its so hard as some of the kits have things that we were told we would never use so best to make the kit up ourselves, I m ay just have to get the one from NCMA if I cant resolve

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought about making my own first aid kit, at least then I can choose exactly what I need from the list. Failing that, I would get NCMA kit to ensure it has everything required.

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I got my main first aid kit from Makro, and then I got a mini one which is in like a cd holder case thing from Ikea at the weekend which I've got in my car x

feb 11
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

hi, if you have a bestway near you go and sign up they have full first aid kits for £8

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a pouch type one for the £1 shop and then just went to wilkos and got what I needed

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

All you can do regarding the EYFS pack is print it or buy it on ebay. I was really annoyed with how much people are selling them for on there. So i've printed half of mine, works out a similar cost though to buying it off someone on ebay as i went through 95% of my printer ink. Also, it doesn't seem to look as neat as the EYFS pack :/