Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What to do

Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What to do

Business has been quiet for a while now and is only just begining to pick up. Last year I had ony two enquiries but didn't get the work. In the last 4 weeks I've had six enquiries resulting in 3 meetings with parents.

I had one family come need full time. 3x 8 hr days when Mum is working from home and 2 longer ones when she is on the road. Meeting went well, lead to second visit with Dad which also went well but I'm still waiting to hear.

I have one family who wants me. They want 3 days a week but not every week. It would be 3-4 weeks in five.

I had another family come, the visit went well who would want me 2 days a week for a month or two then possibly going to 3 day a week. I have yet to hear from them.

I want to let the families know there is other interest as in my initial talks I had said how quiet it was. I want them to realise that if they decide they want me I may not have the space any longer or like them I'd like to weigh up my options as to what would suit me best. However I don't want to pressurise them or or lead them to choosing somebody else, as I may end up with nobody.

What would you do?

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd just wait to be honest with you. I'd also take on the first family that will sign on the dotted line. I've had my fair share of timewasters a few have even said they will be back the next day to sign contracts and then go to someone else. Advice I received from a former cm was don't chase them once they have visited they have your number and you don't want to look desperate for work (even if you might be )

Hope it all works out for you

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i would take the first ones who want to sign but I would def. be asking for retainers for the unused days/weeks if they want you to keep them. Otherwise explain if somene comes along wanting the other days you will need to offer them to the other families.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got