Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CSSIW Pre reg Inspection

I am having my visit from CSSIW on Wed. I have no idea what to expect. What paperwork will she want to see, will she need to see all my toys and other equipment etc. Hopefully I can be registered by the end of Feb!!

aly Guest

she will want to see every room to be registered, your garden etc, she will then discuss you changing anything if needs be, what equipment she thinks you need etc...she will probably ask to see most of your paperwork, crbs insurance etc so make sure they are to hand.

Just dont stress too much

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you not send most of your paperwork in with your Part 2 of your registration forms? Or maybe that has changed since I registered.

In Wales the CSSIW visit is usually the last thing that happens before regiatration is complete. As Aly says she will look around your house and will give you action points if she thinks something should be changed. I had a couple of action points on my pre-reg and I just had to sign to confimr I had done them before my certificate was sent.

I don't think she will necessarily want to see all your equipment but if you haven't already put it on your application she will probably ask what you have for each age group. I had a wish list made up too of things that I couldn't afford at the time but things that I would get when money started to come in.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes

amanda x

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope it all goes well - don't forget she is there to help you set up use her to ask questions. My inspector was lovely and put my mind at rest about lots of things.

Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replys. I'm just looking forward to starting now.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi Mel,

Although my user name is Reggie, my name is Helen and I'm from Bridgend as well. I also have my inspection on Wednesday, feeling bit nervous like yourself about it. Did you attend the June course?

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mel,

Me again, saw C this morning with regard the visit on Wednesday, she said you need to call her for your insurance form to be sent off. C sends this off and then you get your ncma pack.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good luck to you both.

On my pre-reg my inspector checked the whole house not just the areas to be registered.

I asked her where she wanted me to put stairgates as my stairs are a bit strange and where she wanted me to postion a gate outside.

She already had all my paperwork and she had a set list of question - like and interview- to ask me. "why do you want to be a childminder?" "What would you do if you had someone from another country/culture start at your setting?" etc etc Nothing hard just things a childminder comes across.

Like Manjay I had a couple of action points and just wrote to say they were complete before my reg came through. She will also discuss any restrictions that she will put on your certificate. Mine says minded children are only allowed upstairs for batroom and toilet use - Mindees are not allowed access to the attic - mindees are not allowed acces to the cellar - Mindees have to be supervised on the steps from the backdoor - Mindees can only play on the grassed area of the garden.

OK - I wouldn't have mindees in the cellar or attic . I knew that they were not registering upstairs . I put the garden restriction on myself as I have a dog and I did not want him on the childrens area ot the children on his (which is the drive anyway) . And yes there are 9 steps down from my back door. So the restrictions are common sense really.

Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Helen. I can't actually rememeber what course I was on. It was so long ago!!!
    I got my form a few weeks ago but it took ages to get a date from my inspector as she was off ill. Thanks tho.

Where abouts are you in Bridgend? Do you fancy meeting up sometime. Sounds like all the support you can get while childminding the better!!

Thanks tulip too. I also have a dog but have cornered off a section of the garden for, it's only fair he has a place to hide from all the children!!!. Not sure what the inspector will think of my basement as that's the way to the car and garden but don't really want mindee playing down there. I'm hoping she will let me use it for access only.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mel,

Hope you managed to get hold of C and your pack is on its way to you.

Meeting up is a good idea, i live just in <address details removed by Admin> I am going to be collecting or should I say hoping to be collecting from my sons school which is St Marys School, which is on top of Newcastle Hill. I have received some enquiries from two sets of parents for after school but one is not until September but other one appeared keen for asap, so fingers crossed. Lets get Wednesday over and perhaps we can sort something out for next week as its half term the week after. How old is your child/children? Do you live far?
    Last edited by Pauline; 07-02-2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: personal info removed

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Reggie

I've removed your personal information from the post, the forum is very public and it would be better to send Mel the details by private message.
    Pauline x

July 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mel & Helen,

Good luck with your pre reg inspections!! I live in Llanharan and have been a childminder for 18months :-) My inspector was fab during my pre reg and was really helpful. As others have said they look around the house & garden and have a general chat about things, I had my portfolio to show prospective parents to show her where i had my policies, CRB checks, boiler service certificate, MOT certificate etc I had 2 actions which was to hang my fire blanket on the wall & to get a fridge thermometer.

Once you're registered it's nice to meet other childminders at toddlers groups, I go to a couple in Bridgend throughout the week so let me know if you're interested & I can let you know where they are & look out for you

Good luck!
    Emma

Emma xx

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Emma,

Inspection was fine after! The inspector wanted me to also get a Fridge Thermo and put stickers on the patio doors. I already had a fire guard in the box so hubby had to fix and we have photographed it ready to send to CSSIW. I have ordered the patio door stickers but any suggestions on where to get the Fridge thermo?
    I was thinking of going to mother and toddlers on Ewenny Road in Church hall and also the one in Nolton street, backing on to Asda. Not sure if these are the ones people are going to these days as been out of circuit since my two went to school. As soon as the little ones arriving I will be looking forward to M & T groups again.

Helen

Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Emma,

Thanks for the reply. My inspection was fine too. A couple of bits to do. My inspector didn't check my fridge or even ask about fridge/freezer thermometers, although I do have them. Can't remember where I got them from. I go to a few mother and toddler groups with my 20 month now. If you let me know where you will be would be great meet up.

Can wait to get started now!!

July 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Both,

So glad your inspections went well .....you can get fridge thermometers from B&Q or currys.

I go to Llanharan church hall on a tuesday 10 - 11:30
    Wednesday - the Gospel hall by the VW garage & Castle bingo in Bridgend 10 - 12
    Thursday - Bryncae community centre (you get to this by entering the housing development opposite Morgans pub in Llanharan) 10 - 12
    Friday - St Mary's church hall, next to Heronsbridge school (dont know the road name!) 9:30 - 11:30

I havent found one on a Monday anywhere, but I meet up with two other childminders in Millie's Madhouse on a Monday as it's nice and quiet & you get discount with your NCMA card :-)

Hope to see you soon!!

Emma x

Emma xx

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi Emma,

Thanks for help on the Fridge thermometer. Was thinking of going to St Marys Church Hall, Ewenny Road, Mother and Toddler group on a Friday and also going to the Gospel Hall on a Wednesday. So as soon as I get a little one I will be there.

Something else you may be able to help on, I am waiting for a letter from CSSIW with regards the visit, and one of the things they were asking for was a breakdown in the Complaints Policy of the Local Resolution, 14 days and then being 28 days and also the Formal Resolution, 35 days but can be extended. They suggested I looked on the CSSIW website clicked on the r/side and look at the 2002 ammendment to get the info. Did think I was I.T literate but can not see the part they need. Any suggestions where else to look. Chased up my NCMA pack and they reckon I should have it by Wednesday so hopefully shouldn't be much longer.

Many thanks

Helen

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if they gave you the wrong date (2002 is when the current standards were issued) but this is the statutory instrument that gives amended complaints guidelines (2006). It also gives guidelines on the requirements of producing a Quality of Care Review.

hth

amanda x
    Last edited by manjay; 18-02-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Regulatory Requirements

Hi Amanda,

I went on to your website but unfortunately when I clicked onto Complaint's policy and then the CSSIW link, it is saying the page can not be found. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or not.

Thanks

Helen

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Amanda,

Ignore the last reply, just noticed your link on your message. That is wonderful, thanks very much.

Kind regards

Helen

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

No problem. thanks for letting me know the link to CSSIW isn't working on my site. I hadn't checked for a while

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast