Ikea
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ikea

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ikea

Right folks, I'm off to Ikea this weekend to get some of the trofast shelves/storage stuff. In addition I have given myself a budget of £100 to spend on other stuff (ie resources for childminding). So........what would you recommend? what wouldn't you be able to live without in your setting?
    It's a long time since I've been as the nearest store is quite a distance away.

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ikea kitchen!!!! toy one of course.

mandy xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parsleypetal View Post
    ikea kitchen!!!! toy one of course.

mandy xxx
    oooooow I like that wish our fisher price one would fall to bits

We have a crocodile full length mirror which the littlies love looking at themselves in

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

The fabric play food is good and I love my paper roll http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10149350
    saves endless bits of paper and the children just go to it whenever they feel like drawing which means you end up with art work that all the children have contributed to!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick recommendation if you're interested. We recently went to Ikea to buy the Trofast stuff but ended up getting 2 of these these instead:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20135300

They are SO cheap (half the price they were last year!) and we got black fabric boxes to go in them for £3.00 each - it is unbelievable how much stuff fits in each box!!!! The picture gives you no sense of persepective but they are quite large units. We are off again soon to get more for the kids rooms!
    Georgina x

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady
    The fabric play food is good
    Yes I fully recommend the pay food, 1 is veg, the other is fruit and then there is an english breakfast onne....my little mindee loves it}

Quote Originally Posted by georgie456 View Post
    Quick recommendation if you're interested. We recently went to Ikea to buy the Trofast stuff but ended up getting 2 of these these instead:

They are SO cheap (half the price they were last year!) and we got black fabric boxes to go in them for £3.00 each - it is unbelievable how much stuff fits in each box!!!! The picture gives you no sense of persepective but they are quite large units. We are off again soon to get more for the kids rooms!
    I recommend these to anyone, whoever comes into the house or on forums, they are so fab, and the fabric zipped boxes are fab too.

the boys have a 5x5 one in their room, pop has a 2x4 in her room and i have 2 2x4 in living room.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post
    Yes I fully recommend the pay food, 1 is veg, the other is fruit and then there is an english breakfast onne....my little mindee loves it}

I recommend these to anyone, whoever comes into the house or on forums, they are so fab, and the fabric zipped boxes are fab too.

the boys have a 5x5 one in their room, pop has a 2x4 in her room and i have 2 2x4 in living room.

We did get some of the zipped boxes too but have put them elsewhere - they are fab boxes - very sturdy and robust!
    Georgina x

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking at the 2x2 Expedit units to use as bedside tables in my son's room. Thought of putting 2 boxes in each to hide some of his clutter and something nice on display in the other holes!!! Much cheaper than bedside tables, and hold a lot more too!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAROLYN View Post
    I have been looking at the 2x2 Expedit units to use as bedside tables in my son's room. Thought of putting 2 boxes in each to hide some of his clutter and something nice on display in the other holes!!! Much cheaper than bedside tables, and hold a lot more too!!!
    That's what my sis in law did for her two girls. She was the one that made us buy ours! They make great bedside tables!
    Georgina x

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to come i love ikea!
    One life live it

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

just one word of advice, if you don't already know, is to check stock levels before you travel.

think you have to log in (or register) and select store on the ikea website and it will give you probability of stock being available. also helps you know exactly where to locate all the pieces

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, the expedit units are fab. Really sturdy and stylish, and the boxes hold loads. We have a 4x4 unit in the lounge and the huge 5x5 unit in DS's room. I want one for the hallway next, lol!

We have the fabric fruit and veg, great stuff. They also have a fabric farm, animals, tractor etc that all goes together- i'd have got it if DS hadn't just got a wooden farm set for Christmas. Little packs of finger puppets too. And would love the little kitchen but we already have a plastic one.

Oooh I do love ikea! Have fun!

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snufflepuff View Post
    I agree, the expedit units are fab. Really sturdy and stylish, and the boxes hold loads. We have a 4x4 unit in the lounge and the huge 5x5 unit in DS's room. I want one for the hallway next, lol!

We have the fabric fruit and veg, great stuff. They also have a fabric farm, animals, tractor etc that all goes together- i'd have got it if DS hadn't just got a wooden farm set for Christmas. Little packs of finger puppets too. And would love the little kitchen but we already have a plastic one.

Oooh I do love ikea! Have fun!
    not listerning lalalalalala
    One life live it

sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have those units too, we have the 4x4 one and have 4 of the zipped boxes across the bottom, then we have the rest as shelving so the kids can get to everything easily.

They have cute little pans in there too , they look just like the real things!
    And we also got our car/road mat from Ikea , the boys love it!

And the Easel is good value too ! The list is endless!!!!

I want to go to Ikea now !

Oct 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by georgie456 View Post

i've got these too and ofsted commented that the boxes were great as no sharp corners.....

the thing i love the most from ikea is my gaston http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60166752 although mine is filled with beans from dunelm mill to make it more comfy to sit on
    IS FINALLY AT TARGET WHOOP WHOOP

phoebe-alice Guest

I just had a look at the soft foods on the website they look great!
    Now I just wish I had a playroom so I could get a playhouse as that would be brilliant.
    My own house would be a start though haha, very appreciative over the space my parents allow me to use though.
    Hope one day me and my partner can have our own place though, then I can hoard all the toys I like.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't come home without an igloo

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20072454

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

your really making me want to go now
    One life live it

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hand puppets!!! I got a pig, cow, elephant,shark and a monkey...fab!!! at around £3 each

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Plastic bowls, plates, cups and cutlery. Baskets are good for either storage or as treasure baskets. Large car mat, the list goes on. I always spend more than i need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast