Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Numbers....clarification please

Afternoon, I have a 4yr DD and 2yr DS. DD will start school full time in sept as will the 2 boys I mind over the course of the week. So.....am I right in thinking that as of Sept I can take on a new under 5 as my daughter no longer counts in my under 5 numbers as she is a 'rising five'?
    If this is right do I need to inform ofsted that she is a rising 5?
    I'm soooooooo confused! A friend had her 1st inspection the other day and was pulled up on this as Mrs O said Osted had changed their clarification of this and said she would be grading her as adequete as she was in breach of her numbers. She has since had a call from Mrs O to say she won't be marking her adequete seeing as she had been misadvised. I will call Ofsed but wanted to sound you guys out first.
    Thanks
    Jess

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When they start full-time all day school they are normally classed in your over 5s (OFSTED umm & ahh about this and keep saying different things).

Your overall numbers will stay the same so providing that you have an over 5 space for your mindees and daughter you shouldn't have a problem. You will gain an under 5 space but loose an over 5 space IYSWIM. You will need to inform OFSTED closer to the time so they can amend your certificate.

Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Fab! Thanks for simplifying it!! I don't have any over 5's in readyness.
    Jess

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Once your DD starts 10 sessions (full time school) email Ofsted and they will change your numbers to show that you can have 2 under 5's and x under 8's. You max will still be the same (usually 4) but you could then have more in either age group you want.
    Debbie

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ofsted didn't send your friend a new certificate then she has to work with the one she has got. Tell her to look at it and if she is within the numbers, APPEAL immediately
    Debbie