Paperwork for after schoolies...HELP!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paperwork for after schoolies...HELP!!!

Hia, I am finally getting my paperwork in order and just wondered what you guys all do in terms of paperwork for after schoolies. I have two boys who I literally only have for tea and then mum comes so how can I do obs, learning journey etc??? Oh please help!!!

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Paperwork for after schoolies...HELP!!!

If they are over 5 you don't need to do them just their daily diary's. I was told on my inspection I do to much which was a result. You could still do some bits for practise though.
    Sam xxx

jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt realise that you had to do diaries. I dont do diaries for my over 8's.

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, you don't have to, sorry I didn't word it right lol! I do do them but only if I need to tell the parent something or its the holidays and have them all day
    Sam xxx

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont do anything for my over 5s though i do take plenty of photos & put them in a scrapbook so there is somthing to see if parents or ofsted want some sort of proof
    What a crock!!!

jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

phew,lol xx

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't do paperwork for my after-school crowd. They can let mum know what they've done and played with themselves. The parents know I'm always available to discuss anything they may be concerned about. I have a menu board for dinner on display, they get the opportunity to take home plenty of art and craft masterpieces and I take lots of photos for the setting photo album that the parents can look at anytime

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't do any paper work for my after schoolies. Daily diaries are only for children who can't tell their parents about their day ie under 4s. I used to do a scrap book but the parents were never interested so i stopped. There's no requirement and unless they're with you a lot they're basically using you as a babysitter!
    Like my ideas on Facebook 'Play, naturally'

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys, thats a huge relief for the one thats over 5 but I also care for his brother who is 3 and a bit, he goes to a private nursery and does school hours (to prepare him for when he goes to school) so I only have him for about an hour too (and that includes his evening meal) What could I do for him as Im assuming Id still have to do the obs etc on him but I can observe is him scoffing his dinner!!! Thank you your all soooo helpful!!!xxx

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Do you do planning for schoolies? I don't and just wondered if anyone did
    Paula

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie1! View Post
    Thank you guys, thats a huge relief for the one thats over 5 but I also care for his brother who is 3 and a bit, he goes to a private nursery and does school hours (to prepare him for when he goes to school) so I only have him for about an hour too (and that includes his evening meal) What could I do for him as Im assuming Id still have to do the obs etc on him but I can observe is him scoffing his dinner!!! Thank you your all soooo helpful!!!xxx
    You only have to do a learning journey for the under 5s if they are with you for more than 2 hours. I have a couple who only come for 3 hours which includes lunch and sleep! I just make a few notes on things they might say, play with, use their cutlery, choose a drink/pudding etc. Only about one/two observations per month. Ofsted won't expect any more and the parents won't be interested as you have them for such little time. I did get a good idea from Sarah on here about writing out their routine with you so mine would be walk home from playgroup, eat lunch, nap, mum collects and then write alongside what you might be able to cover from the eyfs.
    Like my ideas on Facebook 'Play, naturally'

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do a bit of basic planning for my after school children, i have 5 of them 5 nights so i need to plan or they would get bored! We have a few nights free play, then we get on with something thats planned etc.

I have a photo album and scrap books for the big ones, no diaries tho

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome guys, thank you all so much for your replies, Im just starting with my scrap books and things like that, I will do a few obs (specially for the 3 yr old) but like you all say, theres not much you can do when we get home at 3.30 they eat at 4 and mum comes at 4.30!!! You are all so great on here I wouldnt be getting through these months without you!!xxx

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

You could do obs on the conversations you have with him and on his self care skills / table manners etc!

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    You only have to do a learning journey for the under 5s if they are with you for more than 2 hours..
    Really??? i wish i had knew that, my only early years is here 1.5 hours & i have to pick her up from school, walk home and do her lunch in that time......iv been trying my hardest to squeeze in planned activities, Obs & fill out learning journeys when all she wants to do is chill as shes cream crackerd from school

still......the more EYFS experience i do the better
    What a crock!!!

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just reviving this thread with the same question - espec since sept 2012...
    Is it ok to have nothing written?
    Neither of my schoolies are interested in keeping an LJ and likewise the parents. I keep track of their school work and progress. Talk to teacher when I can (one arrives by taxi so can't) read their newsletters, support their themes/ projects and homework.
    I show in my day to day planning that I work in partnership with the schools or at least do all of the above.
    The two schoolies I have are great friends, only see each other at my house and Always have much better ideas for entertaining themselves than I can devise altho I make sure I have lots of resources on hand to assist them.
    Will Ofsted be ok with the above and do they ever visit after 3.15?
    Any advice appreciated espec from anyone who has schoolies and been inspected recently xxx
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi when i was recently inspected 4 weeks ago,the inspector asked how many after school children i have on my register,but she didn't ask to see any paper work on any off them and 2 off them are not quiet 5 and in reception class. I dont know if they visit after 3.15.

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Does anyone do a learning journey book for children not in eyfs
    If I did one it would be purely for Ofsted as parents, school and child are all not interested.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    Thanks. Does anyone do a learning journey book for children not in eyfs
    If I did one it would be purely for Ofsted as parents, school and child are all not interested.
    i wouldnt personally as ofsted more than likely wont be interested. I have a folder of all the activites/occasions/festivals we did throughout the year but the inspector merely glanced at it. She did say she liked what I did with them but it wouldnt affect my grade. Shame I think Im better with the older ones
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of doing a folder of our activities for schoolies, photos etc. Maybe I'll start that as I always take loads of pics x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast