Urgent Advise Needed Please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    phoebe-alice Guest

Exclamation Urgent Advise Needed Please

Hi there I've just had a call from social services asking if I have places for two emergency places, as 2 wee ones have been taken into care and placed with their aunty, however they are in need of care as their aunty works and she cannot find urgent care for them.
    Social services are looking for me to have them tomorrow and Wednesday, 9:00am to 3:00pm and I would invoice them for those days.
    Has anyone got any formal invoice templates that I could adapt to what I need?
    Also I wondered what kind of things will a 6 and an 8 year old like to do, I have only really worked with smaller ones so need some tips!
    Has anyone provided emergency care similar to this situation just for any advise you might have. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Registered Childminder since
    dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please

good luck , i did do work for social services but not emergency care , mine was a regular respite arrangement

i used to just write the hours down used and the price per hour and total it up nothing special .

only advice really would be that theyre not the fastest at paying the invoices used to sit on their desk for for ages so invoice them asap and be prepard to ring them
    H4H supporter 'per mare per terram'

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

hello,

i just put my details and registration number

name of kids, number of hours, total.

date and sign that's it.

for the age you can't go wrong with crafty bits.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have worked with them. However, I would make sure they e-mail you a contract WITH them today. That is their commitment to pay you hon. They are not usually great at paying so make sure that contract is in place and ask them for an invoice template if they have one, as I've seen a few people on here who've been told theirs is not acceptable.

Give them a call hon.

good luck though. very worthwhile doing these placements. you can make a huge difference to the families and children.x
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Craft stuff, cooking maybe help prepare their own or part of lunch, card/board games, puzzles, quiz books, colouring, junk modelling.

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

surely these children should be at school ?

phoebe-alice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
    surely these children should be at school ?
    They will be with me untill they are enrolled in school as they have been relocated to a different area to live with their aunty.

phoebe-alice Guest

What do I do contract wise totally confused about that side of things. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

VINASOL Guest

My mindee (who just turned 7) loves helping so she may want to help you if you ahve little ones....she loves arts and crafts, drawing & painting. And music and singing and dancing too...

good luckx

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, if you email me ur addy I will send you the invoice I use for the Royal Navy