Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Phew - survived first day back!!!

My first day of work is over - phew! It's hard to pick a highlight:

- waiting for one mindee to stop throwing a hissy on the driveway because he's changed his days and our routine is different (he has suspected SEN and any slight change to his routine can be hellish no matter how we prepare him )

- baby mindee doing the biggest explosive poo ever which meant I had to strip her entirely at a toddler group (I'm quite sure it's teeth as she's absolutely fine in herself)

- other baby mindee screaming all day long - until mummy came and he was all smiles

- first baby mindee doing another, not quite so bad, vile poo

Too much to choose from At least it's all over and done with now. Just have babysitting tonight to look forward to 0 though luckily all four of the kids should be asleep and I can get on in peace!

How did everyone else do today?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Phew - survived first day back!!!

I have just finished (an hour earlier than expected ) It's not been too bad actually as I only had the older ones who weren't at school because of inset day so very noisy but very well behaved . Back to the littlies tomorrow and the dreaded school runs.

xxxxx

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

gosh sounds like you had a hard day!

ive had a nice day really, only had 2 mindees of 2yrs, was going to stay in but ended up popping to a friends where the children all played out in the garden for ages! came home had lunch then they slept for 2 hours and went home at 3.30!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

well done for surviving hun

Ive had a pretty good day, 3.5mth old started today and he's seriously scrummy Just waiting for him to be collected now then I'm done.

Other mindee has refused to talk to me all day, think she was jealous bless her

Feel like I may be coming down with something so shall be dosing myself up and having an early night I think

Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My 1st day back doesnt finish till 8.30 pm

Other than that it has been a very quiet day. Only had 1 schoolie and 1 baby aged 18 month (the one that is here till 8.30pm.)

I have even stuck to my diet and i havent finish off babys chocolate mousse or toast and jam or chocolate buttons. How good am i
    Im in the pub

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you were in at the deep end! Hope tonight is peaceful for you.

I had a quiet day today, just practising for tomorrow when everyone is back!

Didn't like getting up at 6.30am, it felt like the middle of the night! Don't suppose it will be much better tomorrow!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Didn't like getting up at 6.30am, it felt like the middle of the night! Don't suppose it will be much better tomorrow!

Miffy xx
    Neither did I Miffy!! I kept snoozing my alarm til 7.20 and then left myself 20 mins to shower and get my act together. I will need to get up at half 6 tomorrow though

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too bad, had my own girls at home so they helped when we went to Bristol Zoo today. Mindees aged 2yrs and 12 months were great until after lunch when tiredness set in.
    Mindee J (2yr old) did not want to walk anymore and mindee s (12 months) cried and cried, no nappy to change, already had lunch but she was just tired out but still wanted to see everything.
    She finally went to sleep after I'd parked myself by a very boring wall and 'rocked' her to sleep in the pushchair.

Rest of the afternoon until 6pm was great as they both had a sleep in the car for almost an hour on the way home so were nice and refreshed!

My girls had an inset day today and they also have tomorrow off as well as the school heating is not working.....it does this every year
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here! Been a long day, with 2 new ones starting, 10 & 11 months old!

DD, (15 months old) has been very jealous. I guess having the last, almost 2 weeks with just us & older siblings which aren't interested in the toys, has been a shock today!

Both ate & slept ok, but one (that pretty much cried for all 6 settling in sessions) just sat on the bean bag sucking his thumb - observing! And the other, which was fine on settling in sessions, cried a lot, (more due to teething I think).

As soon as one cried it set the other & DD off... And there always seemed to be one of them at it! (DD mainly beacuse she'd finished hers, and others, food, or wasn't allowed to drink other people's drinks... )

I know it will get better as they settle - but roll on Friday when we are off... (except we have to finish our OU assignment that is due in on Monday - so maybe not... )

xx

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had my own 3 children, ages 9.5.4 and a 4mth baby mindee who was ill, lethargic, snotty, sick through 3 of my tops and complete outfits for him and generally sleepy on me all day I'm exhausted
    Paula