Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Leaflet dropping - your thoughts please

We need to do a mega recruitment drive after Christmas, we have 2 full time vacancies and another 2 vacancies on 2 days of the week, which for us working together is not good. I'm planning all the usual updates and shop cards, car signs etc. Just wondered how many have tried leaflet dropping and what areas did you target? Has any one had a definate success story with it? What detail did you put on your flyers?
    Sorry so many questions

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Leaflet dropping - your thoughts please

Hmm not one I can answer really. For me it is more cost effective and a whole heap easier to just put a half page spread in the village magazine.

However I have done leaflet drops for something else I used to do and it did work although not masses of business. But then I guess you only need a couple

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a leaflet drop to four schools in the area and got three families from it, i would do it again when i need to. xxx

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I did one at two of my nearest villages. I handed out hundreds and didn't have one phone call never again!

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou ladies,

Manjay - great idea about advert in village mag, just wish we had one we to have done leaflet dropping for another business and yes it did get some results, just not sure its the right approach for CM'ing.

Gazanne - great to hear it worked for you.

Polly - think I would feel the same.

Maybe see how the other advertising sources go and rethink if we don't get anything from that

TheBTeam Guest

I know what you mean, we have just lost two full timers, so have 3 full time vacancies, plus one 1 day a week, and 1 two days a week, and our ones left are short days!

As you say not good when you work together, we have had no enquiries, and also wonder now whether having a puppy will put people off.

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBTeam View Post
    I know what you mean, we have just lost two full timers, so have 3 full time vacancies, plus one 1 day a week, and 1 two days a week, and our ones left are short days!

As you say not good when you work together, we have had no enquiries, and also wonder now whether having a puppy will put people off.
    I'm hoping there are lots of parents just hanging on until after Christmas to sort their childcare, trouble is it will probably be the spring before we get any to start
    I'm sure there are dog lovers out there that will love you new puppy, although this is the reason why won't get any pets, because we seem to get the ones who don't want them.

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you keep looking on Childcare.co.uk? Most of mine have come from there.

Linda.

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by linda2girls View Post
    Do you keep looking on Childcare.co.uk? Most of mine have come from there.

Linda.
    every day I usually send messages to anyone within a 3 mile radius. Most of the time they don't even answer my messages . However we did get a child through there last August

TheBTeam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Playmate View Post
    I'm hoping there are lots of parents just hanging on until after Christmas to sort their childcare, trouble is it will probably be the spring before we get any to start
    I'm sure there are dog lovers out there that will love you new puppy, although this is the reason why won't get any pets, because we seem to get the ones who don't want them.
    I always said I wouldnt, but i got to the point over the summer that I decided I was giving too much of my life to childminding and not enough to me personally and i would quite like a dog now and we would manage and i would do something for me and dh who has wanted a dog for years, we were very lucky with all the existing parents they all love the dog and at least one child loves coming even more because of the dog and taking him out etc.

I guess if you try a leaflet drop at least you will know, I am not brave enough to do it!, we are supposed to have a baby for three short days starting april, but whether it happens or not is anyones guess!

Post Thanks / Like

Could you get the local press to do a story about you - working together as childminders, both got outstanding at recent inspection - that sort of thing. Might do the trick for free and a lot less hassle than sticking leaflets through letterboxes!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Could you get the local press to do a story about you - working together as childminders, both got outstanding at recent inspection - that sort of thing. Might do the trick for free and a lot less hassle than sticking leaflets through letterboxes!

Miffy xx
    That is a fab idea, Mick has been approached by NCMA press office to represent men in Childminding etc, never thought of going to local press, thats going to be no1 on my advertising campaign list for the new year! thanks Miffy!

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome - hope it works for you

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a fab idea, Mick has been approached by NCMA press office to represent men in Childminding etc, never thought of going to local press, thats going to be no1 on my advertising campaign list for the new year! thanks Miffy!
    Get Mick on a centre page spread!!!!

jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a leaflet drop and didnt get one response from it!!! I find word of mouth is good, local pre schools and primary's?, I have signs on my car when I have a vacancy and I tend to ring up FIS and change the number of vacancies as this puts you back to the top of the list!
    Also am friendly with the local NCMA support worker ( sometimes its who you know!)
    And as for dogs, I have 5, parents and little ones love them, also 2 parrots and 4 tortoises, you need to push the positives of having animals and emphasise that you are able to keep the dogs away from the children if necessary and work to build the childrens confidence with animals!!

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    I did a leaflet drop and didnt get one response from it!!! I find word of mouth is good, local pre schools and primary's?, I have signs on my car when I have a vacancy and I tend to ring up FIS and change the number of vacancies as this puts you back to the top of the list!
    Also am friendly with the local NCMA support worker ( sometimes its who you know!)
    And as for dogs, I have 5, parents and little ones love them, also 2 parrots and 4 tortoises, you need to push the positives of having animals and emphasise that you are able to keep the dogs away from the children if necessary and work to build the childrens confidence with animals!!
    Thank you. unfortunately our FIS dosen't work like this any more and as for the info that goes on the government website there are 44 childminders who live closer to me than I do Half of our problem at the moment is that we all have vacancies, so we are not helping each other. I'm in constant contact with my NCMA DO, unfortunately she loses her job in March to! As for pets I can't keep my tropical fish alive, so don't think I will risk anything else (couldn't afford it anyway!)
    We have decided not to leaflet drop, will do all the other usual things and will try press release
    Last edited by Playmate; 15-12-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    Get Mick on a centre page spread!!!!
    O please Manjay!! We are trying to promote the business not drive it away

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

How funny!!!

O please Manjay!! We are trying to promote the business not drive it away

MAY 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My Husband is a printer, so he thought he was doing me a " Favour " printing 2000 leaflets.( Why did he not just ask me ? )
    Anyhow, to get rid of them I had to deliver them, and from this I got 2 full time mindee's.
    Although, I did get a few calls from people who just wanted to talk to some one
    It worked for me,I am based in Peterborough, and if my Husband does that again he will be divorced

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
    My Husband is a printer, so he thought he was doing me a " Favour " printing 2000 leaflets.( Why did he not just ask me ? )
    Anyhow, to get rid of them I had to deliver them, and from this I got 2 full time mindee's.
    Although, I did get a few calls from people who just wanted to talk to some one
    It worked for me,I am based in Peterborough, and if my Husband does that again he will be divorced

I must admit we have decided not to do it because it will be expensive to print and if it doesn't work it will have been a waste of money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast