Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help please with after school care charges

Hi guys

I really need your advise. I have a lady coming to see me tomorrow with 2 childen for before and after school care. They are 7 and 9. The school they attend is 2 miles away from my home so could will an extra 40 miles a week to my petrol bill, so have decided to add a fuel allowance of 25p per mile - Is this to much?
    I charge £5 for morning session (1.5hrs) and £10 for after school session (3hrs), then 50p breakfast charge and £1 tea charge, unless she provides food - So this could mean her bill would be £164 per week, this includes a 15% sibling discount.
    Is this to much???

I don't wanna frighten her off but don't wanna cut myself short.

HELP! lol
    Jo -Rain or Shine CM

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help please with after school care charges

I charge £5 per morning and £14 after school with breakfast being .50p and afater school meal £2.50.

As to petrol - I would suggest the IR claimable amount for mileage of .40p per mile

Have you canvassed your local area childminders for comparrison prices?
    Debbie

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

What area are you in? I have looked at some local childminders online but not called anyone.
    I am cheaper than some but have an advantage as other childminders wont take on these kids as they go to school elsewhere.

do you think its a reasonable charge?
    Jo -Rain or Shine CM

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I probably wouldnt add on the fuel charge but would claim it back through tax instead ( if youre earning enough to pay tax) ..make it sound like youre doing her a favour by charging your standard rate without extra mileage charges!
    Or I would offer her a weekly inclusive charge , maybe £150. It all depends on how much income you need !

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Need as much income as i can get as these wil be my first children. They came tonight for a visit, just gotta wait and see what Mum thinks once read paperwork.
    Jo -Rain or Shine CM

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

hi i have jsut took on a nursery child aged 3 and he needs picking up from a school i need to drive too, as he is my first i was so eager - yet other minders i know said you have to look at it long term, beacusae come sept he will need taking to this school, and then ive got my own to ge to school now that wont work. anyway jsut mentioning it because if you go with this school you'll not be able to get to another school more local to you, if that makes sense.

my parent knows this as i said come september i wont be able to take him to school, unless he is at the two schools local to me. she is now trying to get him in my childrens school. so if thats the case, great however if not then he'll have to leave me at the end of aug.

would want you to corner yourself. hope it all works great for you. figners crossed.

hth
    tomnbeccs.