Had a moan at mindees dad today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Had a moan at mindees dad today

My moan

It really makes me cross when a child's not dressed properly

Dad bought wee one in his buggy, without a cover brrrrrrrrr! and in cotton trousers and wellies brrrrrrrr!
    I asked him where his blanket was and he said i had it .....um..NO, the blanket he had on yesterday was MY blanket, I took wee one home last friday and covered him in my blanket as it was blasted freezing, he bought him yesterday with my blanket and mum collected by car...so i kept my blanket here.

rant over and i do feel better for sharing
    Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Had a moan at mindees dad today

The little one i look after usually turns up in her own pushchair with no blanet or hat. She usually only has a vest and a long sleeved t-shirt on under her coat. She is 20 months old.

Because it had snowed over night mum had thought about dressing her up warmer. She came with a duvet on her in the pushchair, a warm hat and scarf and she also had gloves on the back of the pushchair which the little one had taken off.

Why can't she think of doing this on a day when it hasnt snowed. She had the cheek to tell me the first time I was going to take her out to make sure she was wrapped up warm which I would do. Luckily I havee a big supply of fleece blankets

Another annoying thing is that the mum is always wrapped up in a big winter coat with scarf, gloves and hat. Why do they think there child is gonna be warm enough.

When willl parents like this learn.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a lot of fleeces and I am building up a stock of spare coats for days like this!

I find lots of bargains at car boot sales in the summer and keep them for when it gets a bit chilly

Post Thanks / Like

I do have lots of spare clothes and blankets etc thankfully and dont mind them borrowing them.

Just wish parents would wrap their children up, as "kel1983" says the parents are always wrapped up nice and warm and usually in their car.

Lets hope they dress him properly tomorrow

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I had this today. 3 little ones and no way was I taking the triple buggy out. 2 are old enough to walk the short distance! Mindee turned up in light trousers and trainers and promptly fell over in the snow!

He had to borrow shoes and socks but I didn't have spare trousers in his size so had to strip him off and hang them on the radiator.

Mum was really suprised when I asked for proper clothes and spare clothes. Just started ranting on about how clumsy he is

HX

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to keep spare gloves,hats clothes, wellies etc but dont any more as i was running out of room in the shoe cupboard for my own kids stuff plus I do think its up to parent to bring them,,,,

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mushpea View Post
    I used to keep spare gloves,hats clothes, wellies etc but dont any more as i was running out of room in the shoe cupboard for my own kids stuff plus I do think its up to parent to bring them,,,,
    I agree. I only have a small house and have enough stuff with my own children! I just don't have the space to be keeping spares because parents can't dress their children appropriately.

I have a parent used to constantly under-dress her son in winter.....until she saw his learning journey and was horrified to see pictures of him playing happily in the park wearing my daughters bright pink winter coat. He didn't care but she did - she never said a word but her face said it all and from that day on he arrived in proper winter clothing!!!
    Georgina x

apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually sent all my parents a text with regards to appropriate clothing last week.
    They (mindees) are all appropriatley dressed this week..lol
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?