I need help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I need help

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help

I have been a cm for 5 years now, one of the current mindees parents hours are to be changed for her to work 1 night week or she risks loosing her job... She has asked if I will drop the mindees of at her mil's at 6 then she will collect at 9, as the children have always been picked up here not sure about the rules for dropping them off she has also offered me the petrol money to do this it's only about 5-10 mins away in the car so what would you charge??? Also am I being unreasonable by saying I'll drop them off @5:50 so I am finished for 6.
    Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I need help

If your working hours are stated as xx to 6pm then yes you can organise to drop off earlier so you finish by 6... otherwise you should charge overtime.

When I am dropping or collecting children I just charge at my normal hourly rate. You can either charge a petrol / delivery cost (why not check how much a taxi would be?) or you can simply add up the miles and put 40p a mile through your books... whichever you prefer.

You need to be very careful about not getting stuck on mil's doorstep as well if she is keen to chat!

Hth

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree if you are happy to do it as long as you can drop them off and be back home for your contracted time.

I would charge .40p per mile.
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, theres nothing like a good old straight forward job....