Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Risk assessment for library

Hi everyone, i hope someone can help as ive reached a brick wall with this! When doing a risk assessment for a trip to the library what do i need to include?
    I know it is everything that the child comes into contact with .....but im stuck.
    The car, traffic, road safety, stranger danger but what else??
    Please give me some clues on this

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Risk assessment for library

My library risk assessment is just for the library itself.

I have other risk assessments for car journeys or walking.

That's just the way I do things otherwise I would have loads of risk assessments all with the same info on which is a waste of time and far too much faff imvho. Yet to be tested by Ofsted though.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SWard View Post
    Hi everyone, i hope someone can help as ive reached a brick wall with this! When doing a risk assessment for a trip to the library what do i need to include?
    I know it is everything that the child comes into contact with .....but im stuck.
    The car, traffic, road safety, stranger danger but what else??
    Please give me some clues on this
    Like Miffy I do a general walking and car journey risk assessment, my library RA is for once we arrive at our destination so how we enter the building, careful not to crush fingers in doors, how we negotiate steps inside and how I am going to stop toddlers from messing around or falling down the steps, what I will do if I am not happy with the behaviour of any other children in the library (often get unacompanied children using the computers who decide to start swearing), if I am not happy I complain to library staff but if it doesn't stop we leave, there is a play area in the library so I check out the suitablility of toys before letting the children play,

Cx

Nov09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone that is a big help, i have done it now Now onto the next one....the supermarket x

jul 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    My library risk assessment is just for the library itself.

I have other risk assessments for car journeys or walking.

That's just the way I do things otherwise I would have loads of risk assessments all with the same info on which is a waste of time and far too much faff imvho. Yet to be tested by Ofsted though.

Miffy xx
    Hi Miffy.

Just to let you know that I had done the same as you! Risk assessment for the library itself and then others to cover walking and car journey but Ofsted pulled me up on this and said I needed a specific one for walking to the library if that's what I do in order to recognise specific hazards along the route!