1 yr old boy keeps crying!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    apr-04
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 1 yr old boy keeps crying!!

hi, i am new to the forum but desperately in need of some ideas/advice! i have been CM for 8 years now and 2 months ago took on a soon to be 1 yr old boy 3 days a week from 8.30-4.30 who has spent everyday with me in the last couple months crying, whinging and moaning. no other children can go near him, my own DD aged 22 months has to be kept away from him for fear of his hysterics, he cries his way through toddler/music groups and only seems calm and quiet when he is put down for a rest or is held and even then he whinges. he has a comfort blanket which never leaves his side, but rather than crawling and exploring and playing with toys he sits and cries on and off all day sometimes screaming the house down. he isnt happy in the car when placed between my 2 girls, if they so much as hand him a toy or touch him it ends in tears. i am convinced mum carries him around at home (he is her first child) although she hasnt said so and as he has been settling in i have kept her informed that he isnt happy and is very sensitive and insecure and spending a lot of time crying so clearly isnt happy but he keeps coming and i was hoping by now that he would have adapted and been more comfortable with us! tonight i have asked if she has any ideas what more i can do and can he he bring a favourite toy etc, i cant leave the room at the moment without him screaming but i dont think at this age its viable to carry him around all the time especially as i have 2 others and am 19 wks pregnant with my 4th child as well. he will have to go to another CM early next year as i will be giving up but that seems a long way off at the moment for both his sake and ours!! i am becoming resentful that i am keeping my own DD's away from him as much as poss to minimise the crying, and it cant be much fun for the other children i CM for to listen to him either. any ideas much appreciated!!

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 1 yr old boy keeps crying!!

I know the feeling......i have lo who is 1 and she screamed for 9 hours a day....honestly! but, finally she has cracked it,she is still a bit sensitive and can be funny in certain situations. it has taken 4 months and i was ready to give notice. NOW have another 1 year old and she cries not stop.....i really doubt myself and feel *rap some days I think you have to have help from parents too .....i got mine to send family photos in and that helps. If it effecting your life then decide if you want to give notice. chin up! cx

june 90
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel sorry for you, I always seem to get the wingers, I have just let one baby go, could never please him or parents, now I have a new baby of 11 month and he never stops, I do blame the parents, and its always foreign children that do the most winging, If your pregnant, don't keep carrying around all day, think of yourself, tups

Pipsqueak Guest

bumping for you. lots of members on here who have had screamers and cryers.

Nov 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tups View Post
    I do blame the parents, and its always foreign children that do the most winging,tups
    What exactly do you mean by this?

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I took on a LO who was a similar age and he cried all the time. I think he was picked up all the time at home and really has no idea how to play. He is now 18 months and no problem at all, he does sometimes have more whingy days, but I put that down to teeth.

Kimmy050983 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lincsminder View Post
    What exactly do you mean by this?
    that´s exactly what i wanted to ask , too?