Scatty mum coming over later!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Lady Haha Guest

Default Scatty mum coming over later!

On from my last thread about my new scatty mum! After she had filled in the contracts all wrong, asking for days I didn't have etc, I tried ringing her to arrange for her to come round. I couldn't get hold of her so I decided to type up a really long but simple letter detailing everything I could think of that she should know before care starts (this week!). Things like holidays are paid for, I get paid in advance, I leave at 8.35am whether they kids are here or not, and made a big point about the setlling in period!

She rang yesterday, apologised for not getting back to me sooner and asked if she could come round tonight at around 5.30pm and she will be bringing payment - yayay!!! But then she asked if she could drop them off here this morning to take to school, even though paperwork not done yet. Not only would I not do this for that reason, but it's also an inset day!!!! Doh!!!! I said to her 'Do you realise it's an inset day tomorrow?' and she obviously didn't and before she could ask, I quickly added that I was full today and wouldn't be able to take the children. She said she would work something out.

It makes me laugh because I'm not surprised at all! But at least she understands about paying me in advance (for now!)

Can't wait to see her later

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: Scatty mum coming over later!

sounds like this is going to be interesting - rather you than me! lol

Registered Childminder since
    sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

let us know how it goes x
    What's for you, wont pass by you

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

ive just finished looking after a child with a scatty parent! to be honest she made me laugh, child was usually late, payments were late, child even came on wrong day once!

i knew she wasn't one who tried to get out of paying, she was just scatty and forgetfull! lol

Lady Haha Guest

Ok, so it's now not so funny!!! Scatty mum was supposed to be here at 5.30, it was her idea to make it that time.....and still isn't here! Texted her ten mins ago to ask if she was still coming and no reply......

It's annoying because I know she definitely wants the place and I need the money, but she is starting to look rude now

jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm - I really hope it works out for you.

I had a scatty mum once but I found that with a bit of firm guidance she responded well - bit like children really

It is looking a bit rude now - sometimes scatty people trade off their scattiness and expect to get away with behaviour that we wouldnt accept from others iyswim.

Good luck hun xx

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Has she been yet?
    Think you have got your work cut out there!!
    Carol xx

Pipsqueak Guest

I hope it works out. likes as been said - don't let her get away with downright rudeness with plain scatty. I know we aren't all super efficient but tbh I do find 'scatty' people rather annoying and have a low tolerance for them.

Lady Haha Guest

Grrrrr!!!! No she hasn't been!!! I turned off all the lights at the front of the house at 6.30pm cos thats my time with my son, supper and bath and bed etc. I don't think she came anyway, cos the doorbell didn't go. No reply from text either!!!

Part of me wants to tell her I've changed my mind, but I just know she wants the place and as I said I need the money. I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come, but it doesnt look good does it!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

How annoying for you Truth is, she is starting to be rude now. What kind of work does she do? Wonder if she gets in trouble there as well?
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a scatty parent, who then got worse.
    After a while what starts out as amusing turns into annoying behaviour.
    Mine has totally pushed me to the limit and have now decided to give notice after xmas. As much as i like offering a professional service, continuence of care etc, it does start to get you down.