Signing to say parents have read policies...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Signing to say parents have read policies...

At the moment I have all my policies in my pack and get parents to sign a form to say they've read them all... it just has tick boxes with all the policies down one side and a tick box next to it to tick to say they've read it.

What happens if I change one of the policies and need them to say they've read the new one?

Should I have dates on the policies, and should I save old versions of them?

Thanks!

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Signing to say parents have read policies...

Also, I now want to get permission from parents to let me display photos of their kids in my setting, so can I just handwrite at the bottom of their permission form, and get them to sign next to it? Or should I do a new form for them?

Post Thanks / Like

If it's a major change then I'd give parents a new copy and get them to sign to say they've had it.

If it's a minor change then I'll put it in a newsletter for everyone to see.

Yes I date my policies and no I don't save the old ones.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Miffy. Do you mean you put the dates on so they show when you print them out?

Penny1959 Guest

My polices have a date that did them and signed them and a place for parents to sign and date when they read them.

I have also introduced a parent statement to say have read and understood the policy.

All my policies also have a renewal date.

I do keep previous policies as a way of showing reflection and professional development.

Penny