Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default there not being fair

i think im being taken for a mug

i look after a child who comes 1 til 4 then recently they asked to change to 1:30 to 4 which is fine only they turn up at 1. 20 every day i say your early .. there latvian so language barrier but they do understand a lot

the other day mum said if i bring at 1:20 dad will pick up at 3:50 so i agreed but dad still turns up at 4 what should i do ?

charge them?
    xxxxxx

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: there not being fair

I would charge them, I don't have half hourly rates either, its a full hourly rate whether the parent chooses to use the whole hour or not.

jumpinjen Guest

Write a letter explaining it then they can translate it at their leisure...... I would charge for the half hour anyway as I don't do half hour periods (my fee won't divide nicely by half) so my fee wouldn't have changed from what I charged from 1-4 if you see what I mean.

Don't let them push you around!!

jen x

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjen View Post
    Write a letter explaining it then they can translate it at their leisure...... I would charge for the half hour anyway as I don't do half hour periods (my fee won't divide nicely by half) so my fee wouldn't have changed from what I charged from 1-4 if you see what I mean.

Don't let them push you around!!

jen x
    here, here

I charge hourly and that means a full hour

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm contracted to look after after school mindee for 6 hrs a week. Dad normally picks him up 5-10 mins early every day but I charge the full 6 hrs as that's what's on the contract. Hx

~Chelle~ Guest

I would either charge them an hourly rate or a session rate. I don't charge half hourly rates as it is just not worth the hassle

I charge my before and after schoolie's per session, otherwise it is not worth doing.

They are taking the mickey, they obviously understand as they requested the change in time. It seems like they still want the same/similar timing but don't want to pay for it.

I would charge them from 1pm anyway hun, tell them that it covers them for being early.

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I do charge to the half hour (but wouldn't accept anything less than an hour ifygwim?) EG: If school pick up is 3.20, they get charged from 3pm. If they get picked up at 5.45, they get charged to 6pm.

Don't let them do this to you. They can't very well change it to 1.30 when they obviously need to drop off earlier. They're very aware in my opinion that of what they are doing and trying to save that half hour payment every day. £2 or so may not seem like a lot but adds up to £10 / week which translates to around £40 / month. What could you do with £40? A lot!

As I think they know what they are doing, they shouldn't need translation. Tell them you want the hours to go back to 1pm.

x