Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 10 month old

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 10 month old

Hi

Im newly registered and tomorrow is my first day with a 9 month old, she cant sit up unaided yet. What activities if any can I do with her? Or is it just lots of free play with a variety of toys?

For my initial obs what should I be commenting on to say what she can currently do if she doesnt do much?

Sorry but really worrying about this one?

Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 10 month old

Just enjoy getting to know each other, you'll soon find out what she enjoys doing. If its a nice day you could go for a walk and see what sort of routine she is in regarding sleeps etc.
    You could see if she enjoys music, looking at books, playing with balls, make up a basket with a variety of bits and let her choose.
    Really no need to do any formal obs until you have both settled in together.
    I would just jot down in her diary what you have done during the day, how long she slept, what she ate and any nappy changes.You could make a note of anything in particular she enjoyed and then build on that.
    Have fun and good luck and don't worry xx
    Last edited by youarewhatyoueat; 24-10-2010 at 08:41 PM.