What To Charge?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What To Charge?

VINASOL Guest

Default What To Charge?

when i signed contracts with parent we didn't discuss holidays and i've since found out that all holidays the children go with their dad. So, half term is coming up next week and I don't know if I should be charging a retainer or something to hold the space or what to do.

Not that I can afford it, but I kinda figured I wouldn't get paid.

what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What To Charge?

If you didn't put it in the contract then I don't think you can expect to be paid, sorry.

Think you need to revise your contracts asap

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

VINASOL Guest

all that is written in contracts is that 2 weeks notice is given for holidays.

I must admit I did struggle with the contracts, being that it was my first one.

Oh well, live and learn. I'm hoping to sign up new mindees soon so I will have to write it in this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Whose contracts are you using? NCMA's have a space for you to put about holiday charges.

If you've only just started minding this child I would have a word with parent and say you've made a mistake and that when contracts are reviewed you will be charging for holidays otherwise it might come as a bit of a shock to her.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Registered Childminder since
    July 93
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless its specified in the contract that the children are term time only or that you do not charge the parents for all holidays then you should be able to charge as normal.