Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: paperwork

Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default paperwork

Hi
    I don't know if i have put this in the right section or not but could do with some help.
    I'm paniking that i could soon have my inspection and am getting stressed that i don't have the paperwork side of things.
    I have done my risk assesments for my home,walk to school,playground etc
    I only have one lo at the min and i have a lj for her ,Ihave started to do weekly planning but is this enough? should i be doing a theme?monthly planning etc?
    Sorry if this seems a bit of a rant but i am getting really scared that i haven't done everything i should have so if you could pleaseeeeee help i would really appreciate it !
    Last edited by mrs coops; 17-10-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: paperwork

It depends on... how much you want to do and the age of the lo.

If the lo is under 3 then you are doing absolutely the right thing by individual planning to follow her interests.

If the lo is over 3 you MIGHT find it useful to have planned ideas up your sleeve to keep her interested and to challenge her knowledge and understanding of the world.

Hth

Pipsqueak Guest

Sounds like you are doing great.

You have your RA's - you need one for your school runs, parks/children centre/soft play/library/shops/ outings - CHECK

Learning journal - within mine (and bear in mind this is just how I collate mine) - in the back section is all the childs personal records - contract, all about me, etc

Then the obs, evidence and individual planning go in date order.

I have a separate planning folder (but I have more kids on role than you! lol) for group planning etc.
    Within this folder I put my evaluations of how activities have gone etc.

Have you done your SEF or some form of self evaluation? NCMA have a self reflection tool if you can't face the SEF.

July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that the learning journal and the obs were to go together in the same book have i got this wrong? If it isn't what do i have to put in the learning journal as i have been putting obs in
    Last edited by mrs coops; 17-10-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrs coops View Post
    I thought that the learning journal and the obs were to go together in the same book have i got this wrong? If it isn't what do i have to put in the learning journal as i have been putting obs in
    Yes that's right!

A learning journal is for observations, assessments and planning ... plus notes from parents, comments from other settings, copies of the child's work, photos etc.

It all builds into a lovely keepsake for the child and the child's family to take away