I dont want to be dramatic but.....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I dont want to be dramatic but.....

....for those that havent seen my other thread this morning - my inspector was due at 10am and has not turned up - Ive used my last mornings hols from work and work hours that do not allow me to be hear normally during the day. So I ring Mrs P and ask where inspector is - turns out maybe no-one coming after all All they can offer is Mon-Fri office hours for another visit - I physically cant be here and if I cant be here for my reg visit then how will I ever get registered. Im borderline about to lose my job as it is cos I have been having random afternoons/mornings off to go on courses and BIT so this may just about finish it off altogether. I am starting to wonder if this is just another sign Im doing the wrong thing ........(sorry for the moan....just off for a little cry now)

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I dont want to be dramatic but.....

I was given an exact time and date for my pre-reg.
    Next time they ring explain the situation and say that you need to know an exact time - then pull a sicky from work (they can't fire you for that.)
    Blessed Be!

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredspirits View Post
    I was given an exact time and date for my pre-reg.
    Next time they ring explain the situation and say that you need to know an exact time - then pull a sicky from work (they can't fire you for that.)
    Thanks love, wish it was that easy - I work in a doctors which is why its proving extremely difficult - not only am I in fear of my job but also the treatment I get when I go back is unbearable. Ive fully explained to bleeping Prospects but its like talking to an answering machine - Think maybe they cant hear me as all they say is "ok, we can arrange your visit during normal office hours" and I explain my problem again and they say "what about tuesday at 10am!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Put it all in writing, asking for a definite appointment time and date and send it recorded delivery.

If they still refuse then put in an official complaint.

Good luck

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Pipsqueak Guest

Agreed with Miffy.

thats really shoddy treatment and not a great start by Prospects

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Awwww hun, that is seriously not on!!! you must be so mad! Really don't know what to suggest I just hope that they sort something out for you - good luck xx

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This happened to one of my parents who has now regisitered, its not on I totally agree with Miffy.

Good luck

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

hiya hun.

do you have children of your own? if so you could say they are ill/ appointment/ ect.
    work have to let you have unpaid time off for care of dependants.

other than that stuff them, you will hopefully be leaving soon. I would just ring in sick. so what if they dont believe you, it will be worth it in the end.

im lucky really as im still on maternity leave so can wait about all day.
    xxxxx