What to charge in school hols?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What to charge in school hols?

One of my mindee's mums works in a school so she's umming and arring about whether she needs me in hols. She did mention it at our first meeting but as she wasn't sure, we just left it and didn't put anything in it about hols...

Now its coming up to half term and I'm not sure what to do.

I absolutely can't lose her as it's about 90% of my income, but is it reasonable to charge a 50% retainer for hols, and say I'll look after him for half the hours (the hours she's paying me for) if she wants me to?

What does everyone else do?

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: What to charge in school hols?

Its more than reasonable to charge a half fee retainer. I do for two of my contracts.

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks. i'm in 2 minds as part of me thinks it would be nice to have some time off myself!! but then if i have other kids then i'll be working anyway so another one wouldnt make any difference!!

also, if she's paying 50% for 6 weeks of hols and sends the kids one week, should i charge full fees for that week or still charge half?

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

you could either agree that she pays half fees and uses half the time and you won't hold space the rest of the holidays (you'll have time off). But, if you WANT to work the whole week then it's half fees and if they attend 2 days they pay full for the days they attend and still half fees for the rest of the week.