Anyone been granted 2 under 1's recently?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    moogster1a Guest

Default Anyone been granted 2 under 1's recently?

I've had an enquiry for a lo to start in March when she'll be 7 months, the same age as my own lo will be. Personally, I think it'd be lovely that they'd have a playmate every day, but has anyone had a variation recently for 2 under 1's?
    I know I have to write details of how I'd manage, transport, equipment etc. but am I likely to get it?
    I'd still be under my 3 under 5's ( my own lo would be 4 by then; would that help that he's not a tiny one?).
    My only other ones are a 5 year and 8 year after schoolies.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone been granted 2 under 1's recently?

I've had a 2 under 1 variation. Both babies were 10 months old, so it was for 8 weeks. They are now 11 months old. One has abdisability so an Inspector wanted to come out and see what impact his disability will have on the other children I care for. I tried o tell her over the phone that his disability won't have any impact on them (he has dwafism); but she still had to come out.

They get on really well together. The litle girl is a very contented, easy-going baby and I she has been Colin to my house since she was a tiny baby (I have her half sister). Z is a bit more demanding, although I have only had him for a month so he is still setting in with me.

I wanted 3 days a week but was not sure what days they would be when I applied so the inspector gave me 5 days. For 2 weeks I had 4 under 5 with 2 under 1 until J started school full time

Good luck xx
    littletreasures xx

june 20
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive been granted 2 under 1's. And this was my FIRST mindee. I have DD's aged 3 and 11 months at the time - variation was for 5 mth old.

They didnt come out and see me, but i did have to fill the variation request in, and got a phone call just checking I knew what I was doing basically. They said they dont usually grant them for the newly registered tho.

Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was granted a variation for 2 under ones. I did it over the phone within a few minutes.
    Julie X X

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Iv'e recently been granted 2 under 1 before my 1st inspection (although tribe were pretty quick to come and visit after i applied) just be ready !! as ive been registered 6 mths 2 the day when they came to visit and id only been minding 6 wks !!

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    "GOOD"
    Post Thanks / Like

I too was recently granted 2 under 1's & it is not for a named child either but it was when I applied but just as i got the go ahead parent decied to go to another cm with out letting me know till I called to say yes I can have their lo.

Shirl

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moogster1a View Post
    I've had an enquiry for a lo to start in March when she'll be 7 months, the same age as my own lo will be. Personally, I think it'd be lovely that they'd have a playmate every day, but has anyone had a variation recently for 2 under 1's?
    I know I have to write details of how I'd manage, transport, equipment etc. but am I likely to get it?
    I'd still be under my 3 under 5's ( my own lo would be 4 by then; would that help that he's not a tiny one?).
    My only other ones are a 5 year and 8 year after schoolies.
    Hi I was granted variation for 2 under 1's about 4 weeks ago, rang ofsted they emailed me the form I filled it in that day & sent it back. 3 weeks later they rang to say I had it & just asked a few questions about equipment for 2 under 1's.
    The variation certificate came the next morning & it stays on forever so when they get older or move on you still have the variation & no need to ring ofsted which I think is fab!!

Good luck x
    wow 2012 already