Mindee's mum is pregnant
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mindee's mum is pregnant

One of my long term mindees' mums is pregnant which I totally wasn't expecting. I am so pleased for her but am wondering what this will mean for me....will she want me to continue mindees care and then take on the baby (which I would be delighted to do), will she give up work altogether and therefore no longer need me or will she just pull mindee from my care whilst she takes her maternity leave. She is only 3 months gone bless her so feel that I can't really ask any of these questions yet as she may have no idea herself but I'd quite like some sort of idea as to what the future holds in 6 months time

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mindee's mum is pregnant

Obviously she could do any of these things but in my experience, she will ask you to coninue to have lo during pregnancy and possibly reduced hours during maternity leave, then go back to work, leaving you 2 lo's

Here's hoping all works out well for you x

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my mindees mom planned her preqnancy to coincide with my son starting school so that I would have the space for the lo.

I continued to care for lo throughout preqnancy and even though mom is on maternity leave till next May I still have him as normal. She wants to keep his routine as normal as possible. I get to see the new baby at drop off, shame I don't get to care for her till next year though.

Hope everything works out and mom lets you know what she's intending to do very soon. Could you not drop a suptle hint?

Carol xx

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

1 of mine long term mindees mum was pregnant ,she kept normal hours right through maternity leave and lo starts on monday ,so hope all works well for you

sept 94
    Post Thanks / Like

my mindees mum is pregnant found out last week she has already asked us to have the baby but it won't be starting until jan 2012 she wanted to make sure we kept a space but like you not sure what will be happening with the older one
    will have to wait and see

cathy

may01
    Post Thanks / Like

I would ask her what her plans were.

My mindees Mum was very cagey in what was happening and I know she wasnt happy about paying a retainer for 6 months (which I can fully understand). When I finally asked her what was happening she said she was taking 6 months off and then it eventually turned out to be a year off But asked if I could put both her girls on my waiting list for the following year!

You could turn someone away that may need you in 5/6 months time and have then lost potential income.

Hope all works out.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I,ve been so lucky. 3 of my mindees mums have had babies in the last 18 months and I've kept the older ones on normal hours and the new ones are all coming too.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my mindees has just started school (she has been with me since she was 5 months old), and her mum is having a baby in december. Mindee will continue to come to me before and after school (not sure yet about hols) till mum goes back to work next May/June time. Baby was booked in as soon as she knew she was pregnant.

I know it means technically I am keeping a space that I am not being paid for, but this family are lovely and have always been more than fair with me, so I don't mind, obviously if something happens that I need the money, then I would have to have a re-think, but for now I am happy!!

bexcee Guest

My mindees mum is pregnant too - due in 5 weeks. She has decided to withdraw L from me while she is on maternity leave and then take her chance that I have space for two - L plus sibling in June next year when she returns to work. She didn't want to/couldn't justify/afford to pay a retainer from October to June which I can understand and she knows I can't guarantee her places but I really hope I do have the space as they are such a lovely family to work for.