Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Weird Situation

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weird Situation

I have two after school mindees (brother and sister) - hours vary week to week (dependant on mum's shift pattern), I had a week off so she said she would ring me during my holiday week to let me know when she needed me next and the hours for that following week. Now she never did... to be honest I found them a bit of a handful at times and so just presumed she would ring me...now it has been 2 weeks and I have not seen or heard from them.
    Should I ring them? I mean technically I should still be charging her for these hours that she has contracted but not used...I wonder if she actually read that bit.

I'm just not sure what to say? Something like "I've not heard from you is everything ok?" But what about the payments "Would you like me to send a bill for the booked unused hours for the last couple of weeks?".....I don't know how to put it across.

I should have just phoned myself when I had not heard..but I was glad of the break

Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Weird Situation

Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaW View Post
    I have two after school mindees (brother and sister) - hours vary week to week (dependant on mum's shift pattern), I had a week off so she said she would ring me during my holiday week to let me know when she needed me next and the hours for that following week. Now she never did... to be honest I found them a bit of a handful at times and so just presumed she would ring me...now it has been 2 weeks and I have not seen or heard from them.
    Should I ring them? I mean technically I should still be charging her for these hours that she has contracted but not used...I wonder if she actually read that bit.

I'm just not sure what to say? Something like "I've not heard from you is everything ok?" But what about the payments "Would you like me to send a bill for the booked unused hours for the last couple of weeks?".....I don't know how to put it across.

I should have just phoned myself when I had not heard..but I was glad of the break
    I would just send her an ivoice and follow on with a letter stating she has broken the terms of her contract and asking her to contact you!!! imo it does sound strange not to hear from them....

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would call and ask if everything was alright and if you dont get an answer then I woul send an invoice through the post.

good luck

x
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Banana xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I think I will call and see what is happening and then bring up the payment issue afterwards if she hasn't realised.
    I am kicking myself for not phoning but my week off was my week OFF IYSWIM - not chasing them up then my DS was a bit ill so didn't get round to phoning them then.

son77 Guest

But its not uo to you to chase them, they should have rang.

Call them & ask if all ok, you wondered why you hadn't heard from them.

Whatever answer she gives you just say ok, I'll put your invoice in the post & leave it at that!!

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by son77 View Post
    But its not uo to you to chase them, they should have rang.

Call them & ask if all ok, you wondered why you hadn't heard from them.

Whatever answer she gives you just say ok, I'll put your invoice in the post & leave it at that!!
    i agree!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes , give her a call and take it from there. It's your money and she did sign the contract.

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened? Did you call her?

(Interested to read these senarios in case it ever happens once I start minding)