Do people really think we're that DUMB!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do people really think we're that DUMB!!

This is a rant....

I'm about on the last straw with one of my mums, She makes every excuse in the book with why she cannot pay me....

Thursday she told me at pick up time "oh before you expect your money tomorrow I thought I'd mention I have none to pay you with as tax credits haven't gone in the bank on the right day again, so you'll have to wait"

Now I have defo always had my tax credits paid into my bank on the same day every month, been this way for 12 years & never just not randomly gone in

I told her I wont wait to be paid & I expect my payment in on time as with ever other parent whom never have a problem....

She went bright red Turned on on her heels & said "well I ain't got it & cant magic it out of thin air"

Friday I received text from her saying >don't bother picking X up today I'm finishing work early..see you next week<

I rang her straight back (she didnt pick up) I left a message to tell her I expect my money by 6pm...

Guess what.....NO MONEY!!!

Im fumming & I mean FUMMING......(found out she had her hair done yesterday as she was going out) (my niece works at the salon where she goes, obviously she has no idea who she is)

I've had every excuse & sometimes I have said pay me next week..

Never again....

Would you give notice?

Hubby told me to bin her as she is always getting my back up
    wow 2012 already

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do people really think we're that DUMB!!

I could not work with a parent who shows such a lack of respect!
    Carol xx

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i'd tell her that you know about her having money to have hair done for her night out and that childcare is suspended until this weeks is paid
    IS BACK

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would add on a late payment fee and hopefully she'll get the message. Like you've I've been receiving tax credits and they go in without fail on the same day every month ....

Post Thanks / Like

Well I've never had any problems with my tax credits - every 4 weeks on the dot - unless of course its a bank holiday and then I get it early!

I would give notice, we work hard for our money and deserve to be paid on time like everyone else. My parents have to pay upfront too.

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a late payment fee of £5 per day that invoice is unpaid - unless its by arrangment, they soon pay lol it ran upto £50 with one parent!!!

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would add Late Payment charge and when she has paid up, I would terminate contract.
    Toothfairy

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

How rude!
    Late payment charges per day AND suspend care. Then when she finally pays up, give notice.

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I think notice is the way forward ladies. I cannot be doing with the hassle, it's not mega bucks but she did it to me twice in the summer (money triples) holidays 1 being the week after my fortnights holiday where I don't even charge so she would have had 2 weeks full income support to save up.

I was worrying yesterday about terminating (never done it before as never needed to) what if she bad mouths me in the school grounds etc etc...my fellow CM friend told me to stop worrying as people in the school know I'm not the kind of person to terminate unless I really needed to.
    wow 2012 already

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If she bad mouths you just tell the whple playground the truth. She is a bad payer who runs up arrears, she does not pay her way.

But what makes her think that she has the right to speak to uou in that way
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

silly woman...whack on some hefty charges, stop all care get yamoney then give her the flick

if she says anything to bad mouth you minders will soon hear that shes a bad payer and avoid her like the plague

xx
    Jennie x x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    i'd tell her that you know about her having money to have hair done for her night out and that childcare is suspended until this weeks is paid
    so would i! I'd also give notice!

~Chelle~ Guest

I would do this too, cheeky mare, who does she think she is!!

She is taking the mick, she obviously had her tax credits and spent it on her hair!!

Also would give notice once you get your money, cos if she had always been like this, she will not get any better

onceinabluemoon Guest

I agree, stick on late payment fees if you have this in your contract (of you don't then put it on new ones!) and withhold childcare until fees are paid up to date then terminate.

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again ladies, your making me have the confidence to terminate & hold my head high afterwards...

The things is 4 of us CM within our school grounds are really quite friendly (have eachothers numbers, help with advice & pass on mindee's if full) & If I mention the situation I know they would avoid taking X on like the plague so mum would really be in trouble as she would find it extremely tough finding childcare
    wow 2012 already

jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Stories like this make me so

When I first started out I insisted on weekly cash payments in advance. No problems.

I started to accept childcare vouchers at parents requests - since then I have never been paid on time by everyone cos they "forget" to trigger the payments in time.

This month I changed payment date by 2 days to 3rd of month to give them more time BUT have issued new contracts with my increased hourly rate and a £5 per day late payment charge. And guess what? Despite there being a bank holiday (which has always seemed to surprise parents!) EVERYONE has paid on time!

At the end of the day non-payment = THEFT!!

Good luck with it maryp0ppins - you have done nothing wrong and this silly woman is going to have a very hard time of it finding childcare - tough! xx

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    I agree, stick on late payment fees if you have this in your contract (of you don't then put it on new ones!) and withhold childcare until fees are paid up to date then terminate.
    I do have late payment charges @ £5 per day....this is why I have a constant battle with getting correct money or even just money from this mum

The amount of times I've dropped late payment for her so she can catch up

I've been silly I know for ever helping her out, but when it first happened I kind of felt for her so dropped it as I thought it was a 1 off, then dropped it again after my holidays as she had a 2 week invoice outstanding (over £200) & knew she would struggle to pay extra on top!!!

I HAVE BEEN A MUG.........& only just now reading this back to myself I've realised how I've helped her out enough & she still cant even be bothered after my generosity of helping her out.......
    wow 2012 already

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

did you reply to her text?
    IS BACK

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

did you reply to her text?
    I rang staright back but she didn't answer.

I didn't reply to the text, do you think I should have??
    I was feeling quite angry & didn't want to write something that she could throw back in my face
    wow 2012 already

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd reply saying..

Tried to ring you, could you pplease return my call as it is important
    IS BACK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast