Do you do anythind special when a mindee is finishing with you??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you do anythind special when a mindee is finishing with you??

Hi guys, mindee that i had for 2 years now is finishing this week was just wondering if any of you buy presents or do anything special when a mindee finishes?

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do you do anythind special when a mindee is finishing with you??

I've just had a mindee leave after 18m :-( I held a little tea party for him and the other mindees (they called it his leaving birthday!) and bought him a couple of books and a little fire engine from Asda. I don't think you should/need to spend a lot, just a little token gift will be fine I hope mindee and his/her parents buy YOU something to show their appreciation

Hels xx

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought myself a present a lovely bottle of wine!! : :

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought myself a present a lovely bottle of wine!! : :

lol - my mindee leaves tomorrow and I already have a nice one ready!!!!

As it was T's birthday 2 weeks ago I bought her a nice present, and I'm giving her her baby doll and accessories to take to her new cm's to help settle her in. I think that's enough, and we'll go to the park and make cakes together. I know mum has bought my 2 a pressie, but don't know if she'll get me anything... tbh an extra £20 would be enough!!!!!!

marnie
    x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

we usually have a special day on the last day either a tea party or if child old enough they choose what we do, have been to farm, swimming, soft play and even KFC.. I buy a small present for child from my family and I.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I usually do them a special tea of their favourite food which they choose.

Then I give them a pressy, their learning journey and some photos of their time with us.

I help the other children to make them a goodbye card.

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be putting the flags out Can you tell I've had a bad day

Carol xx

june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

tea party , ballons, and a prezzi

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends how happy I am to see the child go Actually, it's more likely to depend on how old the mindee is & how long they've been with me.

I do tend to have children with me for years, so when they leave we have a little party and sometimes hire a bouncy castle. I buy them a book (preferably one that's been a favourite here) and make up a little book of photos for them. The other children make a card.

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We usually have a party and we give a gift. I have one LO leaving in Sept, but I'm in denial, dreading him leaving. He made me very weepy today just thinking about it, as he was draped around my neck This is the worst feeling

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

i recently had a mindee leave after 18 months, we had a tea party for all the children that have been part of his life, other mindees, friends children and children from toddler groups. We made a leaving card which I put a picture of all the "special people" from his time with us (with relevent permissions) and I took my two children to the Build a Bear Factory where they helped to make a bear and an outfit for him. x

oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had 3 children leave last year.

One i bought a little tree (because she loved nature so much) so she could tend it and watch it grow, and a memory from her time with me. Also gave her learning journey and photo album as well as a mug from photobox which I had printed approx 7 photos of her time with me.

I had two children left from another family. I did the same (except not the tree).

They were two special families who I had worked for a long time - they loved the gifts!!
    Clorogue

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Two of my schoolies left at the end of last term, we had a party tea, and I did them both a little book of photos and a pressie, colouring and stationary things that they both like, the other children helped to make a card.
    Haven't had any lo's leave yet but would do the same, perhaps give a nice book or toy, plus their learning journey and scrapbook.

Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one leave today, after two years. She took with her her learning journey, I made a cd with all the photographs of her on and I bought a gift. A set of books with dvd's from the Book People. We also made special cup cakes with the new stuff from Morrisons and had a tea party lunch.

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually do a little party too, and buy presents and we make cards, and whenever possible if they've had a favourite toy in my setting that no one really plays with I let them keep it as well

may 84
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a tea party and A4 sheet/s of photos, 9 to a page, of their time with me eg. outings (with permission from parents if their child in photo) which I laminate.