Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Default attempted abduction (nearly)

Last week I was at a local adventure playground with a cm friend of mine and our own and minded children. While we were there a playscheme of school age children arrived to play. My ds aged 8, and a minded child aged 9 went to play on the zip wire and I was standing a few feet away pushing the baby on the swing.

I heard a woman calling to them and went over to see what was happening, she was a playleader from the playscheme and she was telling my boys to go and sit on the wall as she was trying to round up everyone from the playscheme for their lunch. I said erm excuse me but they are with me and her response was, oh there are so many of them I lose track of who's who! Laughed and walked away I'm still in shock and am thankful that I've never needed to send my children to one of these establishments.
    Ali xx

aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'GOOD'
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: attempted abduction (nearly)

unfortunately this doesn't surprise me, link clubs seem to have a way of being 'organised' chaos!!!!

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

oh my goodness,, thats terrible,, I would report them to ofsted,, my kids do attend play schemes on the odd days, not because they have too but because they like them,, i was horrified by your post and hope that you complain to ofsted,, not only could they have walked out with your children but could have left some behind because the head count (if they did one) would have been incorrect!!

July 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter has been in a holiday club during the holidays (only 2 mornings to give her a break)
    When i go my daughter is sat in front of the tv watching a very long film e.g wizard of oz with the staff just sat on bean bags, they don't play with her
    and they don't have any activities planned for them. she can't play out if its slightly raining.
    When i collected her last week they had on child on a potty in the middle of the room and another child running around with no bottoms on.
    This is the 2nd one she's been to in last 3 weeks
    needless to say i've taken her out, she will be starting another one on friday, seems such a shame that she hasn't been able to make any friends with being moving around

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could say I was surprised but I'm not!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

i seen something like this happen last year, i was in a park and a little girl who look 8 or 9 was in floods of tears saying to a play group leader she didnt want to go with them she wanted to go home to her house! (just over the road from the park) the play leader was telling her she couldnt go as she was responsible for her (luckily the dad was keeping an eye out for her, and called the girl home!

Oct 10
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess i must be lucky my son goes to one he has gone Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9 to 3;30 for the last 3 weeks. It finishes this week. he goes becouse he misses school so much.
    They have had the play bus in to do art and craft, had a trip to the sports center where they tried different activities, been to the Fire station, trip to local little nature centre, had a den building guy in, had the community police team in. Circus skills guy tomorrow and a party to finish on Thurday. Its such a shame the people running it are stopping for good on Thursday as the company is closing.

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean cc View Post
    I guess i must be lucky my son goes to one he has gone Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9 to 3;30 for the last 3 weeks. It finishes this week. he goes becouse he misses school so much.
    They have had the play bus in to do art and craft, had a trip to the sports center where they tried different activities, been to the Fire station, trip to local little nature centre, had a den building guy in, had the community police team in. Circus skills guy tomorrow and a party to finish on Thurday. Its such a shame the people running it are stopping for good on Thursday as the company is closing.
    I used to manage a club like yours and ours had to shut down too. It seems the good ones struggle as we actually spend money on the children and good staff. I would love to do it again I had a great time!
    Paula

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ourmadhouse View Post
    i seen something like this happen last year, i was in a park and a little girl who look 8 or 9 was in floods of tears saying to a play group leader she didnt want to go with them she wanted to go home to her house! (just over the road from the park) the play leader was telling her she couldnt go as she was responsible for her (luckily the dad was keeping an eye out for her, and called the girl home!
    Oh my word! It's not a one off then, worrying, glad it was sorted OK.
    Ali xx