Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default One out, one in :-)

I was really upset cos of losing a mindee, but on the day after, I received an enquiry for a 10m baby girl, that I can now accommodate I've been wanting to care for a baby since I started, but all the enquiries I've had have been for 3 and 4 year olds mainly. Thing is, the parents are coming to see me on Tuesday morning at 10.30. My problem is, I will have 2 minded children with me, and one is very..boisterous, shall we say? He's nearly 5 and has the most horrific temper! I'm a bit worried that he's going to 'kick off' when they're here and put the poor parents completely off choosing me to look after their baby. What would you put out, activity wise, to maybe keep this boy's attention just while I speak to the parents/baby? I don't want to stress too much about it, but I can't help being a little bit anxious

Hels xx

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: One out, one in :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Dempster View Post
    I was really upset cos of losing a mindee, but on the day after, I received an enquiry for a 10m baby girl, that I can now accommodate I've been wanting to care for a baby since I started, but all the enquiries I've had have been for 3 and 4 year olds mainly. Thing is, the parents are coming to see me on Tuesday morning at 10.30. My problem is, I will have 2 minded children with me, and one is very..boisterous, shall we say? He's nearly 5 and has the most horrific temper! I'm a bit worried that he's going to 'kick off' when they're here and put the poor parents completely off choosing me to look after their baby. What would you put out, activity wise, to maybe keep this boy's attention just while I speak to the parents/baby? I don't want to stress too much about it, but I can't help being a little bit anxious
    Fab news on the enquiry, what does the little boy like to do? I have my two here for most of my parent visits, they're 22m and 3.5yr , sometimes I'm lucky and the little one sleeps so the older one will sit quite happily doing sticking or drawing of some sort. If they're both awake I ten to go for happyland stuff on the floor in the living room seems to keep them occupied although they usually both quite nosey at whoevers visiting too.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Do you want to borrow my teenagers?

They kept a boisterous 1 and a bit year old totally engaged this morning while I did a parent interview.

I'd make sure he is really really busy the whole time doing things he has chosen beforehand.

At 5 he is old enough to understand that you need to speak to an adult and that he should keep himself out of mischief for a short while.

good luck!

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

no advice, just wanted to say good luck! :-)

Mar 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Bribery!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to wish you good luck

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

is he the one who is leaving?

I think the important thing is they see how you handle him. After all their baby might turn out to be challenging and they will want to know you can handle everything

failing that hon, can you reschedule?

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The lady of the baby girl phoned up and cancelled this morning They were due to move to my area, but unfortunately their house fell through. Am gutted, I was so looking forward to having a little 'un to care for.

Thanks for the advice though (I will bear this in mind for next time!)

Hels xx