I'm furious! unregistered child minder!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm furious! unregistered child minder!

I'm fully registered! Liability insured, car insursance all the paperwork, jargon first aid, Ofsted fees, inspections etc....I live in a very small village have 1 child afterschool (8 mile round trip to collect) don't charge holidays or for food.... Have been on the verge of giving up childminding as my outgoings are more than my income! Only to find out today that the 1 child I do have goes to this OTHER childminder in the morning for school drop off but the other minder can't have her in the afternoons so I collect her as the other minder has 5 afterschool and can't fit my mindee in too (all friends of the child I mind). Mum claims tax credits for the care I give in the afternoons using my number and I am sure she claims for themorning too on my number!!!

I happened to ask what she pays the other childminder in the morning not realising she is not registered to be told £4.00 an hour!! thats when the subject came up and mum said she is unregistered thats why she needed me for my number!!! as the other minder is a lovely lady but not registered!

I am absolutely furious as this unregistered childminder and myself are the only two child minders for miles, and for the last year the children she minds would have had to come to me (am I making sense!!!) I am so angry I have worked it out that she has 5 after school at a cost of 10 per session 5 days a week! and mornings at a cost of 4 pounds per session, she lives across from the school!!! and yes the child I mind has just turned 7 but I know she has had the others since reception!

I said to my mindees mum I am a bit cross as I have had to register and do all the paperwork, fees and lay out money but she can't understand why I am upset! she said the parents all live in that village and don't want to travel to me after work! I know the head teacher knows as well that she is not registered but does alot for the school! mindees mum said to me oooh you wont report her now will you and to be honest no I would never do that but at end of day I think I have every right to be very angry as in a way its making me lose money as if she was stopped the parents would have approached me to take care of their kids.

I am so dissolusioned at the whole process as I have done it all by the BOOK and have lost out big time! I have checked out the ofsted site and if she is found out she would get a letter of warning and be told to get registered!! mmmm maybe I didn't look it up right Sarah may be alle to clear this up!

sorry for rant but am very angry and I think out of pocket too because of her!!!

How would you feel ??

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm furious! unregistered child minder!

Id report her no doubt about it!
    IS BACK

jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

is she not registered because she has them all less than two hours a day??

(am i right in thinking if you have a child less than 2 hours per day you dont need to be registered???

(dont know how or why iv got that in my head)

jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

ha just us awake at this silly early hour

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

If she's getting paid then she needs to be registered it doesn't matter if it's only for 2 hours.

But yes, report her today!!!!

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I personally wouldn't report her as mum has said that and they will know it has come from you and then you wont get any more mindees.
    Paula

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnieb View Post
    If she's getting paid then she needs to be registered it doesn't matter if it's only for 2 hours.

how old are the children. Are they over 8?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

what about talking to the childminder? ask her about registration she may not realise what she is doing is wrong, (you never know lol) as she is getting lots of custom she might be able to send some your way.

It's not fair she has no lay out charges, the children are not covered by insurance, no jumping through hoops for her.

Only you can decide whether to report or not.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnieb View Post

I thought that you can still get paid, but only for upto 2 hours - literally to the minute, one minute past that and you'd be breaking the law. This is what I was told by my course tutor when I was training, but I guess things change all the time.

I'd still report her, but as mentioned before, it'll be obvious to everyone who did the reporting! Catch 22 situation!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i would wait a couple of months or so then report her anonomously, so it doesnt look so obvious. or even have a word with her and tell her to get registered and why.

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ourmadhouse View Post
    is she not registered because she has them all less than two hours a day??

(am i right in thinking if you have a child less than 2 hours per day you dont need to be registered???

(dont know how or why iv got that in my head)
    I thought this was true irrespective of whether you are paid or not

Post Thanks / Like

It's a difficult situation for you - if you report her now it will be obvious where it has come from. As you rightly say, Ofsted will only encourage her to register properly anyway so you are unlikely to put her out of business and even if she decides not to register it doesn't mean the parents who use her will come to you and they will know who reported her.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

as this other minder is doing mornings and afternoons i could guess that she's looking after them for more than 2 hours a day
    IS BACK

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was me I would have to report her. I know it would be obvisious where it came from but what is the point in us doing everything the proper way, being registered, insured and all the necessary paperwork that comes with it, if she can't be bothered to get registered and gets away with it. I wouldn't be bothered about taking on her eisting mindees but any future mindees may go to her instead. I would definately report her. If it was an unlicensed doctor they would be reported so why not an unregistered childminder?

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As it will be obvious it is you who reported, I would speak to the mum, tell her it is illegal (if over 2 hours?) and it has put you in a position to report her.

If the other mindees she has are under 8 then she would be working illegally anyway and using your number to claim for other 'minder' is fraud I would say.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi what really needs thinking off is a. shes no insurance b.shes undercutting you and doing no legal requirements. so lo arent protected. c. why shud she be able to do this her way our life would be easy if we could run our buisness as a babysitter, but there are good reasons why we are better highly qualified proffesionals. so do the right thing for all other c.m. you could have a chat with your local d.w then let her deal with it if that makes it easier for you.
    i totally understand why youre angry i would be too.but it will go on if not stopped.

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would report her. She has your mindee in the mornings and you have a duty of care to that child,that child is at risk. If she is not registered therefore has no insurance and is being paid she is also breaking the law. I can't believe she doesn't know what she is doing is illegal what with recent media. I would also be putting mum straight re tax credits and using your number fraudulently and the possible repercussions for her!
    Head up high, you are the professional REGISTERED CHILDMINDER.
    Carol xx

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PixiePetal View Post

If the other mindees she has are under 8 then she would be working illegally anyway and using your number to claim for other 'minder' is fraud I would say.
    the lo that the poster looks after is only 7 and he goes to this unregistered minder
    IS BACK

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    the lo that the poster looks after is only 7 and he goes to this unregistered minder
    missed that bit when I read it before. Well in that case - report!

no insurance etc, gives CM a bad name
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

thats terrible...not only are the parents lazy good for nothings...(not wanting to travel a bit) they all know she is un registered therefore risking there darling children!!!

id say report her...if you are the only other CM they will soon come banging on your door for care!

do it quick though as the mother you spoke to will be blabbing for sure

soooo bad...id rass them up at a drop of a hat...money wise id be furious but being used as her scape goat so the mother can claim tax credits would make me bloomin savage.

x x x
    oh and when they come running to you you are a lot more expensive than you are now!
    Jennie x x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast