Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default paddling pool. what do you think?

what do you think of this?

sensible or just plain stupid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...referrer=yahoo

july 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    very good
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: paddling pool. what do you think?

what a load of nonsence. hes gone mad
    karen

onceinabluemoon Guest

Just plain stupid

When I was a kid our local paddling pool was open all summer and nobody died (i dont think anyway, lol)

When my kids were younger the local park's pools opened at easter and shut in september, if it was cold we didn't use them...

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

As a child I used to visit a local open air swimming pool with my Auntie. When my lips when blue and I was shivering she pulled me out

Why arent parents/carers allowed to make a choice about their own children

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post
    As a child I used to visit a local open air swimming pool with my Auntie. When my lips when blue and I was shivering she pulled me out

reminds me of when i went on hols with my sister, neice and her friend and his mum. the hotel/pub we stayed in had a pool that was sort of in an outhouse and was freezing! but the kids loved it and went in every eve. we let them stay in till they started looking blue

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

so we shouldn't let the kids get soaked jumping in puddles in winter time, or get wet when playing in the snow?

Load of rubbish

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I think they are being sensible. They are offering advice and stating only that they will close the facility if the temp is 15C or less. They're warning people about potential risks. 15C is not that warm, small children can rapidly become chilled especially in water.
    As one of the comments to the article says..."Naturally most people don't need such a warning, but it's advisory only, not an order AND there are some stupid parents out there, who wouldn't even think to check if their child were too cold at borderline temperatures. It's so easy for little ones to get dangerous chilly when wet all over or if there's a light breeze, and they don't realise".

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

rubbish

most kids will come out or the parent will take them out when they get cold

i understand the warning but please give parents credit, saying that anything goes in this world anyway
    One life live it

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the trouble is that there are quite a lot of parents out there who don't seem to have any common sense when it comes to their children.

A baby on the beach recently-mum sunbathing they think the baby had been out in the full sun for up to 5 hours, it had 40% burns. The mother was arrested for Neglect. Two community Police Officers on duty on the beach spotted it than goodness.

Children walking to and from school today with no sign of a rain coat in the po0uring rain. (I sent one of my mums home to get a coat for her lo this morning)

Children who burn because no suncream is used.

Little boys especially out in hot sun with no tops on.

Little boys in baseball caps in the hot sun. Their ears and necks exposed to the sun. There are increasing numbers of cases of skin cancer on the tops of mens ears.

Children left at home alone when Mum decides she wants a holiday or a night out.

Parents who leave their children alone to go out for a meal with friends on holiday (mentioning no names )

The list goes on.....

I'm sorry but because of these parents we are going to see more and more of these kinds of notices.

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but these types of things have always gone on - there will always be parents who have no common sense and i personally think that the introduction of signs to combat the problem will not work since these parents won't bother reading the signs anyway.

Lets facde it, we are no longer allowed to be parents properly and take rational decisions relating to our own children and even ourselves sometimes.

We will be getting direction soon from someone about when to get the children to wear a coat outdoors! Don't laugh - it will come!
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post

LOL

we used to use the open air pools at Fleetwood and never cam to any harm............ infact we loved them and have very fond memories!!!
    xx Beckie xx

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

absolutely ridiculous - i think we should be making every effort to ensure that parents are not allowed to behave like morons, i can understand them closing t when its really cold but 15 degrees has got to be out average summer temp, surely??
    Blessed Be!