inspection report....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default inspection report....

During my inspection I was questioned regarding formula milk i know you should not make it up more than 4 hrs before use etc....Parents insist they provide milk which they make up am' and give it to me in cool bag which I then put straight in fridge. Mrs Ofsted said this was not acceptable and I told her that at the end of the day I can give parents the guidelines,but can't insist. Parents are dr's and test food each day so hardly think they can't make up bottles.

Sentence in my report says:'The childminder is not up to date with current reccomendations and practises of making up and storing milk. This potentially impacts on children's well being.'

Mindees parents are livid with this statement as they feel I have not done anything to deserve this.I am cross too as future parents will think I am going to poison babies.

Writing a complaint to get this sentence removed!!

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: inspection report....

Get the parents to write a letter with reference to this sentance and how they feel about it, ensuring that they state they are the parents who make up the milk prior to arrival.
    Photocopy and put on file, then send the original in with your complaint.
    Good luck x

Jun2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denni70 View Post

During my inspection I was questioned regarding formula milk i know you should not make it up more than 4 hrs before use etc....Parents insist they provide milk which they make up am' and give it to me in cool bag which I then put straight in fridge. Mrs Ofsted said this was not acceptable and I told her that at the end of the day I can give parents the guidelines,but can't insist. Parents are dr's and test food each day so hardly think they can't make up bottles.

Sentence in my report says:'The childminder is not up to date with current reccomendations and practises of making up and storing milk. This potentially impacts on children's well being.'

Mindees parents are livid with this statement as they feel I have not done anything to deserve this.I am cross too as future parents will think I am going to poison babies.

Writing a complaint to get this sentence removed!!
    Isn't it an hour now? Sure i read that somewhere anyway. Surely its up to the parents and not up to you if they want to provide it as you have to follow their wishes.
    I've lost 11lbs so far with bootsdiets.com!

Post Thanks / Like

Seems unfair if its what the parents do

Hope you get it changed

Keep us posted

Angel xxx

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about your post for ages last night so this morning i looked in my copy of 'safer food better business for childminder' and it says in there...

"Formula milk - If parents/carers bring made up bottles of formula, put them in the fridge straight away. Keep them in the fridge until you are ready to use them. Use the formula within 24 hours"
    "Why? If formula is not used as soon as it has been made up, it needs to be kept cold to help keep it safe"

Put that in your letter to Ofsted!!!! xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGiggles View Post
    I was thinking about your post for ages last night so this morning i looked in my copy of 'safer food better business for childminder' and it says in there...

"Formula milk - If parents/carers bring made up bottles of formula, put them in the fridge straight away. Keep them in the fridge until you are ready to use them. Use the formula within 24 hours"
    "Why? If formula is not used as soon as it has been made up, it needs to be kept cold to help keep it safe"

Put that in your letter to Ofsted!!!! xx
    I would challenge what the inspector has written too - use the above and a letter from the parents. Ofsted aren't always right and even if they were there are better ways of phrasing it.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

definately challenge it - quoting the safer food pack , which surely is our reference for 'current recommendation and best practice' .
    You were working in partnership with parents and following all current advice - insist they remove this part. Tell them not to put the report online until amended as well.

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ...I wrote my complaint and parents are putting a letter in as well. I told them that we are advised to work in partnership with parents,but there is a fineline between that and dictating to them!!

Have to wait......do you think my report will be published before this is sorted?? cx