Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre Reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Over 7's childminding

Hi I'm new here but everyone seems so helpful so I wanted to ask some advice. I'm just finishing up my registration forms to hand in but I'm considering doing over 7's/babysitting while I wait for everything to go through (and possibly afterwards).

Do I just need public liability insurance to do this or is there something I've missed out?

If I get NCMA over 7's membership and ins will I then have to pay again for normal membership and ins when I eventually get my certificate?

Does Morton Michel provide insurance for over 7's/babysitting?

and last question...does the ICP qualification count as a Level 2 qualification for the Childcare Approval Scheme in Wales?

Many thanks in advance Azzie

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: Over 7's childminding

I am sorry that I can't answer your questions but I am sure someone will be along soon who can.

I would think that you do need some sort of insurance for over 7's.
    As to the ICP- ICP is unit 1 of the full DHC - DHC is a level 3 qualification

Anyway hello and welcome (and bump the thread)

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked into this before my registration came through but didn't go ahead. CSSIW are not at all interested if you are only looking after children who are 8 and over. NCMA do PLI for this but I do think you would have to pay again to change it to full PLI (not sure on that one). As Pip says your ICP is the first part of a level 3 qualification so not a full level 2. I also would not want to pay the £99 it costs to join the Childcare approval scheme. My understanding is that they would need to do a CRB which may just take the same length of time as CSSIW.

Personally my advice would be to get your application forms on asap

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Where about's are you, in wales or england?

You will still need insurance if you are caring for children of any age. I'm afraid I don't know if it covers babysitting I would suggest getting in touch with MM.
    Paula

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singlewiththree View Post
    Where about's are you, in wales or england?

You will still need insurance if you are caring for children of any age. I'm afraid I don't know if it covers babysitting I would suggest getting in touch with MM.
    I am assuming as the OP mentioned the Childcare approval scheme for Wales that she is in Wales! When I researched this originally it is not a legel requirement to have insurance for that age group but from my point of view it was a necessity hence the reason I decided to wait until my registartion came through.

No idea about MM as I am with NCMA.

Pre Reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    I also would not want to pay the £99 it costs to join the Childcare approval scheme. My understanding is that they would need to do a CRB which may just take the same length of time as CSSIW.

Personally my advice would be to get your application forms on asap
    Thanks, I hadn't thought about the amount of time it would take for the Approval Scheme to come through also I can't really afford to pay for it.

Pre Reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help. I better make some phone calls I think. I've been trying to contact the local NCMA development officer but she never answers

Azzie x

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cherishcare View Post
    Thanks for all the help. I better make some phone calls I think. I've been trying to contact the local NCMA development officer but she never answers

Azzie x
    Don't despair! Just pester, pester, pester until they help you out. That is what they are there for after all