In your experience
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default In your experience

hi all another question I work full-time but would love to go part-time in your experiences what chance do you think i have of getting a couple of part-time children both wanting the same day or am i just hoping for the impossible. I would love to work just 3 days so i could put every thing into my working days but still have time to do family thing on the other 2 for the women who wants every thing lol x

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: In your experience

At the moment I work 4 mornings and 3 afternoons, but unfortunately dont get a day off at all. But do get a couple of hours 2 afternoons a week. As of 5 weeks I will work 3 days a week, thats with two mindies, one is 2 days and one is 1 day. I would like another LO, but will see what comes along.

I think it just depends on who comes along, but lots of minders locally have one day off a week or seem to

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had times when I worked Mon-Wed, depends what comes along. If you want to only do certain days, advertise just those

I have Fridays off now, I just say I don't work Fridays or there are spaces available Mon - Thurs My own kids are teens so don't want to do things with babies/toddlers in the school hols every time.

It's your business so it's up to you
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

I reduced from 5 to 4 days with ease as my wednesday children moved on so decided that would be my day.

as already said you chose when you want to work and stick to those days and hours.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I work Mon, Tues & Weds - that just so happens to be the days my 1st 2 mindees needed and I must say it's fab being part time. Feel I have the best of both worlds and it's nice in the holidays as I have a young family of my own and it means we can plan things on those 2 days I'm not working. It also means I have time to go to the dentist, get my haircut etc on my days off.

You'd have to advertise the days you are available and wait for the right mindee to come along I suppose.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I only work 4 days at the moment & have managed to fit 4 part time children into those days. Some do 2 days, some 3 days & it all fits nicely together

As long as you're prepared to wait for the right thing to come along, it shouldn't be a problem

nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. Sounds like it might be possible I feel exhausted and really cant fit every thing in

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 children who come Mon-Wed, two come tues and fridays, one comes fridays only and I had a enquiry for a child who needed tues, wed, thurs but Mum happily changed to fit in with my vacancies on mon, wed fri - so, it is possible.

I keep Thursdays off (except for a 10 year old after schoolie). It was originally for studying but now I can have a proper day off (or paperwork most likely )